Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Hedgesville, West Virginia Historical Markers

 
102 West Main Street Marker image, Touch for more information
By Devry Becker Jones, May 12, 2018
102 West Main Street Marker
West Virginia (Berkeley County), Hedgesville — 102 West Main Street
National Register [of Historic Places] Structure by U. S. Dept. of Interior Hedgesville Historic District Est. 1978 — Map (db m144121) HM
West Virginia (Berkeley County), Hedgesville — 104 West Main Street
National Register [of Historic Places] Structure by U. S. Dept. of Interior Hedgesville Historic District Est. 1978 — Map (db m144122) HM
West Virginia (Berkeley County), Hedgesville — 108 West Main Street
National Register [of Historic Places] Structure by U. S. Dept. of Interior Hedgesville Historic District Est. 1978 — Map (db m144123) HM
West Virginia (Berkeley County), Hedgesville — Battle of North Mountain Depot
This boulder marks the site on Camp Hill where the batteries were fired during the War Between the States in the raid on the federal blockhouse, located at North Mountain. On July 4, 1864, the 14th, 16th, and 17th Regiments of General McCausland's . . . — Map (db m117317) HM
West Virginia (Berkeley County), Hedgesville — Camp Hopkins Memorial to a Friend
In December 1862, Union Gen. Benjamin F. Kelley stationed detachments of the 54th Pennsylvania and 1st West Virginia Infantry regiments here to guard and repair the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad, a main supply route between the Ohio River and the . . . — Map (db m58628) HM
West Virginia (Berkeley County), Hedgesville — Hedgesville
Site of stockade fort built during the early Indian wars. Mt. Zion Episcopal Church was built soon after. A mile west is the tavern, built, 1740–1750, by Robert Snodgrass on land patented in 1732 by William Snodgrass, pioneer settler. — Map (db m990) HM
West Virginia (Berkeley County), Hedgesville — Hedgesville Historic District National Register Site Washington Heritage Trail
During the French and Indian War (c. 1750) Virginia Militia Col. George Washington supervised the construction of Fort Hedges, a stockade fort built along the Warm Spring Road at the heavily-traveled Skinner's gap atop North Mountain (740 feet . . . — Map (db m117316) HM
West Virginia (Morgan County), Hedgesville — Site of the Snyders Evangelical Church
Site of the Snyders Evangelical Church founded by Jacob Albright in 1850. Merged with United Brethren Church in 1952. Razed in 1957. — Map (db m97114) HM

8 markers matched your search criteria.
Paid Advertisement