In the mineral rich Ione Valley, between Ione and the southern Mokelumne River, where once mining communities like, Lancha Plana, Camp Opra and Camanche dotted the maps, is the town of Buena Vista. Situated at the intersections of two thoroughfares . . . — — Map (db m101437) HM
Buena Vista's store and house situated in Jackson Valley, was built by John Fitzsimmons, then sold to Sam Cook, then to James Norris and afterwards to Jacob and Verona Strohm. Once situated in Lancha Plana it was moved by the Chinese who discovered . . . — — Map (db m10189) HM
General merchandise store built by Daniel Stewart in 1856. First brick building erected in Ione Valley from nearby Muletown brick. Ione, once known as "Bed-Bug" and "Freeze-Out” was an important supply center on the main road to the Mother . . . — — Map (db m100587) HM
Built in the 1860s of Ione Brick by Brewers Raab and Huttner. Served as a Brewery for Over 30 Years. In 1907 C.C. Prouty Moved His Creamery to this Site. A Soda Works and Ice Plant Were Installed in 1910. Various Businesses Have Occupied the . . . — — Map (db m15825) HM
Originally built as the three story commercial hotel in 1864, razed by fire and re-built as a one story building in 1930. Remodeled in 1966 by the City of Ione as its City Hall.
David S. Mason III
Jack Gasawawy . . . — — Map (db m2373) HM
Michael C. Bohl, Mayor Bobbie Potts, Mayor Pro Tem Gary Beck, Councilman Jim Brazil, Councilman Loreta Tillery, Councilwoman
Randy L. Johnsen, City Administrator Janic Traverso, City Clerk Guy Reynolds, . . . — — Map (db m2376) HM
The first high school in Amador County was erected on this spot in 1903 by the Ione Academy, a private corporation. The original two-story frame structure, built at a cost of $2,287, housed the school until 1939. As a result of the steady growth in . . . — — Map (db m94743) HM
This building, built in the year of 1854, was originally a hardware store on the ground floor and a dance hall on the upper floor.
Ione Parlor No. 33, N.S.G.W. bought the building in the year 1884 and has continuously owned it and met here . . . — — Map (db m2380) HM
In 1876 Iones Annual Picnic moved from Shakeley Hill to this location. The 100 acre park is part of an 1840 land grant and was leased to the city by the Howard Estate May 11, 1967. The park during its early years hosted many of the important horse . . . — — Map (db m42400) HM
Looking North from this monument lies 5.22 acres which was originally deeded to Ky Kee, Hop Wah Chung, Quong On Long and Chang Hang Co. in 1883. Known as Chinatown, the community was comprised of stores, homes and a Joss House. At the peak of . . . — — Map (db m42397) HM
Old No. 7 was the last steam locomotive to operate over the Amador Central Railroad between Ione and Martell. The twelve mile long railroad lies entirely within Amador County and is one of the shortest railroads in this country. Iron Ivan is a fine . . . — — Map (db m2371) HM
In 1848, Mexican Settlers from Sonora, Mexico established a camp on the north back of the Mokelumne River and called it Sonora Bar. At the start of the California Gold Rush miners flocked to the Mokelumne River and set up camps and towns along its . . . — — Map (db m126094) HM
The cornerstone was laid in 1862. Constructed of locally fired brick, the church was completed in 1866. Dedicated as “Ione City Centenary Church” and later popularly known as the “Cathedral of the Mother Lode.” The church was . . . — — Map (db m100582) HM
The “castle,” built in 1890–1894, is the most significant example of Romanesque Revival architecture in the Mother Lode. It was built to house the Preston School of Industry, established by the State Legislature as a progressive . . . — — Map (db m100594) HM
Quincy, located approximately 1 1/2 miles east of here off Mule Creek, was one of the cities within the boundaries of Rancho Arroyo, or the grant, that suddenly appeared in the early 1850's.
Don Andreas Pico purchased the grant from Teodosio . . . — — Map (db m94747) HM
Property settled by J. P. Martin in 1848. Home built circa 1852. Purchased in 1882 by William Scully, who arrived from Ireland in 1854. The Scully family has owned and operated the ranch for five generations. Present owners are Robert and Etta . . . — — Map (db m42398) HM
Built circa 1863, this imposing residence with its classical columns, two-storied gallery, French window and fan transom, is an important local representative of the Greek Revival tradition in America. The house, constructed of locally fired brick, . . . — — Map (db m94748) HM