Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 

Jefferson, New York Historical Markers

 
Jefferson Academy Marker image, Touch for more information
By Steve Stoessel, August 3, 2019
Jefferson Academy Marker
New York (Schoharie County), Jefferson — Jefferson Academy
1812, one of the first schools of its kind built in Schoharie County by public subscription. Rev. Wm. Salisbury, Principal — Map (db m137527) HM
New York (Schoharie County), Jefferson — Mill Stones
The mill stones were salvaged from ruins of old mill at west end of village by Charles R. Hubbell in 1968. They were donated to the Town of Jefferson by his daughter and husband, Shirley and Carl Anderson in memory of her father Charles R. . . . — Map (db m137630) HM
New York (Schoharie County), Jefferson — Parker 13-Sided Barn
This property has been placed on the National Register of Historic Places by the United States Department of the Interior — Map (db m50237) HM
New York (Schoharie County), Jefferson — Site of Battle
→ Between Schoharie militia under Capt. Jacob Hagar of Upper Fort and Indians and Tories under Chief Brant, Nov. 2, 1781. — Map (db m62848) HM
New York (Schoharie County), Jefferson — Town of Jefferson
Founded in 1803, the town was named after Thomas Jefferson, then President of the United States. Except a small portion taken from Harpersfield in Delaware County- the entire town was carved from the town of Blenheim, one of the six . . . — Map (db m137598) HM
New York (Schoharie County), Jefferson — Town of Jefferson War Memorial
This plaque dedicated by the Town of Jefferson as a memorial to honor veterans of all wars — Map (db m137629) WM
New York (Schoharie County), Jefferson — Village Green
Stephen Judd in 1817 gave the deed to 108 rods of land to be used as a general training ground and lands for the academy. — Map (db m137597) HM

7 markers matched your search criteria.
Paid Advertisement