Touch FIRST to browse through the results shown on this page.
Lake Luzerne, New York Historical Markers
By Steve Stoessel, March 30, 2019
Church of Infant Jesus Marker
Established 1874 on land
donated by Col. B.C. Butler.
Mission church of Warrensburg
and later Corinth. Demolished and
rebuilt in 1929 as Church of the
Holy Infancy. Became parish church
in 1956. — — Map (db m131686) HM
Est. 1856. First Pastor: The Rev. Chas. H. Skillman. Renamed 1938 Rockwell Falls Presbyterian. Burned 12-21-1926. Rebuilt 1927. Jeffers Memorial 1958 — — Map (db m131727) HM
Episcopal church built 1852 by James Hedgeman and Silas Dayton. First Pastor: The Rev. Henry Williams. Now United Methodist Church — — Map (db m131745) HM
First Wilderness Corridor
The Adirondacks was the first place Americans embraced the wilderness as a feature of civilization. The First Wilderness Corridor follows the Upper Hudson from Saratoga Springs to North Creek. This wild and scenic . . . — — Map (db m131749) HM
Started in 1867 On Wells Creek
By Raymond & Ely. Purchased in 1868
By Thomas Garner & Co., Book Binding &
Leather Tanned. Closed in 1909.
Chimney Still Standing.
— — Map (db m99971) HM
4100 Acres granted by the Crown to Edward and Ebenezer Jessup 1767. Site of their lavish homes. Loyalist during the Rev. War, joined Gen. Burgoyne and fled to Canada — — Map (db m131735) HM
Victorian Gothic built 1869-1938.
Built by Col. Benjamin C. Butler.
Famous guests: President U.S. Grant, Astors, Vanderbilts, Pullmans — — Map (db m131740) HM
Incorporated April 30,1865. Cornerstone laid Aug. 25, 1874.
First service held June 1875.
Architect: Jacob Wray Mould.
Civil War Memorial window. — — Map (db m131689) HM WM 8 markers matched your search criteria.
We are suspending Amazon.com advertising until they remove an ad for a certain book from circulation. A word in the book’s title has given rise to number of complaints. The word is inappropriate in school classroom settings.