17 entries match your criteria.
Historical Markers and War Memorials in Lambertville
Lambertville, New Jersey and Vicinity
▶ Hunterdon County (354) ▶ Mercer County (286) ▶ Morris County (367) ▶ Somerset County (159) ▶ Warren County (117) ▶ Bucks County, Pennsylvania (241)
Touch name on list to highlight map location.
Touch blue arrow, or on map, to go there.
|Designed by noted Philadelphia architect Edwin Forrest Durand, the church was built in 1865 by Cornelius Arnett. An 1895 renovation added the rounded arch entrance as well as second level stained glass windows. The church contributes to the . . . — — Map (db m47735) HM|
|Revolutionary War Lieutenant, and pallbearer of George Washington is buried here, along with Sam Holcombe, one of Gen. Washington's spies. — — Map (db m16861) HM|
|Used during the Revolutionary War by both Gen. George Washington and British Gen. Charles Cornwallis to view opposing activity up & down the river. This local promontory has long since been known as Washington's Rock. — — Map (db m62383) HM|
|First section built about 1733. Washington stayed here, July, 1777, and June 1778, prior to battles of Germantown and Monmouth. — — Map (db m62002) HM|
|Earlier known as Coates' Ferry, then Coryell's Ferry.
The Lambert family settled here circa 1735, and gave the town its current name. — — Map (db m16860) HM|
|1726, Coates' Ferry; 1733, Coryell's Ferry. Used by Washington, who stayed here three times. First bridge and new name, 1812. — — Map (db m17081) HM|
|Built in 1870 and occupied by the Holcombe family until 1922, the A.H. Holcombe House was purchased by the city of Lambertville in 1950 to serve as City Hall. It is one of the earliest and best examples of the French Second Empire style in . . . — — Map (db m63104) HM|
|From 1949 Until 1971 Many Famous Film And Stage Stars
Got Their Start In One Of The Country’s First Tent Theaters Located First In Lambertville And Then Here In West Amwell. — — Map (db m17082) HM|
|The outlet lock at this location was built to allow canal boats to pass between the Delaware & Raritan Canal and Pennsylvania's Delaware Canal. Canal boats loaded with coal from the Lehigh Valley would come down the Lehigh Canal to Easton, . . . — — Map (db m100644) HM|
|The Belvidere-Delaware Railroad c.1851. Later leased to the Penn R.R. System, the line allowed transit of Lehigh & Hudson R.R. passenger trains. — — Map (db m16857) HM|
|The Bel-Del Railroad shops stood between the station and the river. Along with repairing trains, the shops built locomotives between 1864 and 1872. — — Map (db m16855) HM|
| Lewis Island Shad Fishery
Lambertville, N. J.
Richard Holcombe began this historical American shad fishery circa 1771. In 1888, William Lewis assumed the responsibility of the fishery and after his passing, his son, Fred . . . — — Map (db m133436) HM|
|From about 1817 to 1834, home of James Wilson Marshall, who discovered gold at Sutter's Mill in California in 1848. — — Map (db m56757) HM|
|Park, formerly called York Street Park, was re-named for longtime Lambertville City Clerk (1948-1982) and Mayor (1983-1988). Park was established in 1900 when Civil War Monument, dedicated in 1870 was moved from Mount Hope Cemetery to this location. . . . — — Map (db m16858) HM|
|In memory of
PFC. Charles L. Danberry
who gave his life in
service for his country
serving in the U.S.M.C.
in Vietnam. — — Map (db m18265) HM|
|Washington's army left Valley Forge in 1777 and moved northeast. They crossed the Delaware at Coryell's Ferry (Lambertville), remained for two days, then marched along today's Rte.518 on their way to the Battle of Monmouth on June 28th. — — Map (db m49216) HM|
|Howell Living History Farm depicts family farm life during the first years of the 20th Century, when both crops and livestock, were raised from livelihood. The farmhouse on the property, while dating back to the early 1800’s, is used to illustrate . . . — — Map (db m94717) HM|