The US Navy's AN/SPG-55 is a tracking/illumination radar for the beam riding Terrier and semi-active homing RIM-67 Standard missiles. It was a major component of the MK76 Fire Control System used in fleet and area protection. . . . — — Map (db m131629) HM
Developed in War
In 1939, Telefunken introduced an air defense radar called the Wurzburg A. Operating at 560 MHz, with a 3 meter (9.8 ft) parabolic antenna, this radar had a range of 28 miles and enabled the tracking of aircraft . . . — — Map (db m131631) HM
In honor of those who served in the Armed Forces of the United States of America.
[text on back of memorial] In grateful recognition of the contributions made to this project by the District 32 delegation - Senator James Ed Degrange, Sr., . . . — — Map (db m68391) WM
In the 1950's there were seven batteries of Nike Ajax anti-aircraft missiles located around Baltimore to protect the city, Friendship Airport, and various industrial sites, as well as the Aberdeen ordnance and Edgewood chemical facilities from . . . — — Map (db m131626) HM
The SCR-270 radar antenna was part of a mobile radar system, operating at 104MHz, that could detect and track aircraft at 125 miles. This antenna is a 1943 production version of the radar that tracked the incoming Japanese raid on Oahu, Hawaii on 7 . . . — — Map (db m131630) HM
Twin Oaks - the name evokes a rural character long since lost to this part of Anne Arundel County. Built in 1857 by William Linthicum, this antebellum manor home presided over a 130-acre farm.
Twin oaks was the summer retreat of . . . — — Map (db m68392) HM
This Westinghouse product is still the most widely used transportable tactical air surveillance radar for early detection of aircraft. Sold to over 20 nations, it proved its high performance and reliability many times and set the stage for the next . . . — — Map (db m131627) HM
The Naval Research Laboratory developed and constructed the experimental XAF radar in 1938.
It was installed on the battleship USS New York for winter maneuvers in the Caribbean in early 1939. After nearly three months of constant . . . — — Map (db m131634) HM