First Lodi owned city hall &
fire house built 1912, cost $3995.
Board of Trustees
Geo. E. Lawrence, President
J.M. Blodgett, C.A. Rich,
F.O. Hale & C.A. Black
Site of Lodi's jail, Water Tank &
Electric Company (Cary Bros. . . . — — Map (db m41399) HM
Lodi's first park, 1876,
called Wardrobe Grove
Later named for Frank Hale, our 2nd mayor
Municipal baths with hot artesian well, 1916
Petrified tree from San Joaquin & Sierra
Nevada rail bed near Valley Springs, 1920
The bandstand . . . — — Map (db m41476) HM
Grand opening, May 1, 1915
James Whitaker, owner of first Lodi Hotel, (1870)
1912 E.B. Brown drew plans for a new hotel
Excavation and preliminary work by Cary Bros.
1914 Property sold to Lodi Investment Co.
W.H. Thompson, Pres.
Mr. . . . — — Map (db m41521) HM
A famous womens' rights activist, she began speaking on behalf of womens' rights in 1868. Laura ran for the California State Senate in 1871, long before women could vote. In 1873 she bought the first of several newspapers which she used as a forum . . . — — Map (db m91788) HM
Designed by architect E.B. Brown and built in 1907 for the Lodi Tokay Carnival, the Arch served as an entrance into Lodi and a symbol of agricultural and commercial growth. Essentially unaltered since construction, the structure is one of few . . . — — Map (db m113270) HM
Built 1907 during the first Tokay Carnival by the public spirited people of Lodi. Rebuilt 1956 during the term of Mayor Willard J Robinson through the efforts of Tokay Arch Committee headed by Albert Nies, chairman. and Eunice Looser, secretary . . . — — Map (db m113030) HM
Sacramento Street from Oak to Elm Streets comprised the business and social center from 1869 - 1919.
A C.P.R.R. Co. Depot in Central Mokelumne was built in 1868. S.P.R.R. located a new depot 1/2 block north in 1907.
CENTRAL CALIFORNIA . . . — — Map (db m113029) HM
On this site
One hot day in June of 1919
A&W Root Beer
in Lodi, California
Dedicated to the City of Lodi, this 14th day of July, 2001 — — Map (db m41492) HM
On May 20, 1988 this unique 1923 Roman style building was placed on the National Register of Historic Places.
In celebration we honor those women of vision who in 1906 started this club, first known as the Lodi Improvement Club. Their efforts . . . — — Map (db m91787) HM