Touch FIRST to browse through the results shown on this page.
Lumberton, North Carolina Historical Markers
By J. J. Prats, March 1, 2017
Angus W. McLean and John Willis Markers
Governor, 1925–1929, Assistant Secretary of the United States Treasury, 1920–1921. Home is 1 mile south, grave 100 yards N.W. — — Map (db m102258) HM
Robeson County’s first Hebrew congregation was established on this site circa 1908. — — Map (db m5295) HM
In 1912 Robeson County established first rural health department in U.S. three blocks N. — — Map (db m5256) HM
Founder of Lumberton, captain in Revolution, later brigadier general; member of legislature, conventions of 1788, ’89. Plantation was here. — — Map (db m102264) HM
1787–1987. On August 14, 1787, John Willis deeded to the Lumberton Lottery Managers 170 acres of land, “being the well known as Red Bluff where the courts are held,” to be sold in lots for the creation of the Town of Lumberton. . . . — — Map (db m5230) HM
Est. 1881 for blacks by Lumber River Bapt. Assoc. Boarding school; trained teachers; named for A.H. Thompson. Succeeded here by public school in 1942. — — Map (db m102272) HM 6 markers matched your search criteria.