Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 
 
 
 
 
6 entries match your criteria.
 
 

Historical Markers and War Memorials in Marion

 
First Log House Marker image, Touch for more information
By Anton Schwarzmueller, May 21, 2018
First Log House Marker
GEOGRAPHIC SORT
1New York (Wayne County), Marion — First Log House
First Log House in Marion was erected on this site in 1795 by Henry Lovell — Map (db m117726) HM
2New York (Wayne County), Marion — First Tavern
1800 First Tavern kept in Marion was located on this site. — Map (db m117723) HM
3New York (Wayne County), Marion — Former POW Camp
Site of Former POW Camp The camp housed 70 to 80 German prisoners during World War II July 23, 1945 - December 2, 1945 — Map (db m117731) HM
4New York (Wayne County), Marion — G.A.R.-W.R.C. memorialFrom Fort Sumter to Appomattox. — Fraternity, Charity, Loyalty, G.A.R. —
(Front): Erected as a memorial to the soldiers & and sailors of the town of Marion by Love F. Seymour in memory of her grandparents Eli & Margaret Green (Right Side): 1861 Let us have peace Grant 1865 (Back):With . . . — Map (db m45181) HM
5New York (Wayne County), Marion — Marion
Marion Settled in 1795-6 by pioneers from Rhode Island and Massachusetts, was organized as a town April 15, 1826 — Map (db m117724) HM
6New York (Wayne County), Marion — This House
This House erected in 1830 was a station of the Underground Railway in the days of slavery. — Map (db m117729) HM
 
Paid Advertisement
Sep. 21, 2020