Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 

Martinsville, New Jersey Historical Markers

 
Martinsville Marker image, Touch for more information
By Bill Coughlin, June 25, 2010
Martinsville Marker
New Jersey (Somerset County), Martinsville — 1777 Reboubt
One of the redoubts and breastworks erected by the Continental troops, June, 1777, to defend the encampment in the valley. — Map (db m32267) HM
New Jersey (Somerset County), Martinsville — Bolmer Farm House - 1754
This remodeled farm house is the last of the farm houses built by members of the Bolmer family. Settling here before 1799, the Bolmers were the first early Dutch settlers in the fertile Washington Valley. Robert and Marie Bolmer had 12 children all . . . — Map (db m32277) HM
New Jersey (Somerset County), Martinsville — Revolutionary War Reboubt 1777 and 1778/79
When Washington’s Army was encamped at Middlebrook in the spring of 1777, earthen redoubts were built west of Chimney Rock Road and north of the west branch of the Middlebrook. The redoubts were 75ft. square and 4 ft. deep and were equipped with a . . . — Map (db m32269) HM

3 markers matched your search criteria.  
  
  
 
Paid Advertisement