At the site of Perrotti's West Street Pizza & Pub the trolley passed under Route 188 and then was moved from its original site at Westover School in 1908. The Bissell Store became the Ferrante and Delaney Store and was destroyed by fire in 1940. . . . — — Map (db m29487) HM
This old house was once part of the Julius and Augusta Bronson Farm. The family of Samuel and Sarah Fenn owned it from 1887 to 1923. This house was purchased by the Blick Family in 1936 and the Middlebury Garage was established in 1937. The house . . . — — Map (db m29491) HM
The trolley bed was located where we now have the Greenway Trail.
The picture was taken in 1910. it was common for trolley companies to build and operate recreation facilities to provide a passenger base for the line. The Amusement Park was such . . . — — Map (db m29496) HM
The name of the town derives from the central
position its meeting house occupies, six
miles from three older neighbors, Waterbury,
Southbury and Woodbury.
Winter ecclesiastical privileges, permitting
local church services, were . . . — — Map (db m19689) HM
Westover School located across from the Green was once the location of the original Blacksmith Shop. It was later relocated to Store Rd. near the spot where the old trolley waiting room was once located. The blacksmith shop has a long history dating . . . — — Map (db m29530) HM
Middlebury Honors Those Who Have Served
In The Wars Of Their Country
French – Indian War
David Abbott, Benjamin Bemont, Aaron Benedict, Enos Benham, Samuel Benham, Edward Blackman, Michael Bowers, . . . — — Map (db m29503) WM
On this site in 1949 the volunteers of the Middlebury Volunteer Fire Department, using donated and salvaged materials, built a fire station on land donated by the Vaszauskas family.
Pictured are the original 1941 Ford LaFrance, 1947 International . . . — — Map (db m29532) HM
The Trolley Line, which serviced passengers from Waterbury to Middlebury and then on to Woodbury, also carried ice and produce.
During the winter months, 200,000 pounds of ice was harvested at Lake Quassapaug and carried by trolley to Waterbury. . . . — — Map (db m29494) HM