The Paper Mill Playhouse proudly dedicates this courtyard to David and Barbara Baldwin for their extraordinary commitment to the arts, theatre and education. Their generous support recognizes the national stature of the Paper Mill Playhouse for . . . — — Map (db m49197) HM
At this site during the Battle of Springfield on June 23, 1780, the Americans, consisting of Continental Dragoons and the militia of this and surrounding neighborhoods, under Colonel “Light Horse” Harry Lee, Colonel Matthias Ogden, and . . . — — Map (db m7358) HM
The last and deepest thrust towards Morristown and Washington’s supplies was stopped here by the American militia on June 25, 1780. After a punishing retreat, the British never entered New Jersey again in force. — — Map (db m7357) HM
The Paper Mill Playhouse was founded in 1934 through the vision and dedication of Antoinette Quinby Scudder. Paper was manufactured here as early as 1795. Despite fire and changing times, it continued as a mill until 1926. The Playhouse opened . . . — — Map (db m49186) HM
here, in the summer of 1780, observing American troops thwart British efforts to reach Morristown and destroy his base of supplies.
The first advance was halted at Connecticut Farms, now Union, June 7th. . . . — — Map (db m7573) HM