Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 

Mount Pleasant, South Carolina Historical Markers

 
"Storm of the Century" - Side B image, Touch for more information
"Storm of the Century" - Side B
South Carolina (Charleston County), Mount Pleasant — "Storm of the Century"
Side A At midnight on September 21, 1989, Hurricane Hugo, a category four storm, blew into Charleston County. Winds in excess of 140 mph, a massive 20 foot storm surge, and extraordinarily high tides ravaged the area. Hugo cut a swath 50 . . . — Map (db m37820) HM
South Carolina (Charleston County), Mount Pleasant — "The Kings Highway"
. . . — Map (db m47117) HM
South Carolina (Charleston County), Mount Pleasant — A4C Skyhawk
Delivered in 1956, the A-4 Skyhawk answered the Navy's call for a carrier-based light attack jet aircraft. Designed with minimal size and weight, the Skyhawk was so compact and space friendly, there was no need for folding wings. The A-4C . . . — Map (db m19131) HM
South Carolina (Charleston County), Mount Pleasant — A-6E IntruderBuNo. 152599
Developed as a carrier-based attack aircraft, the A-6 Intruder gave the Navy and Marines an accurate all-weather capability. Placed into service in the early 1960s, the Intruder served in the Vietnam War, raids on Lebanon and Libya in the . . . — Map (db m19129) HM
South Carolina (Charleston County), Mount Pleasant — Arthur Ravenel, Jr. Bridge
[Marker Front]: Arthur Ravenel, Jr. Bridge Named by an act of the General Assembly in honor of state Senator Arthur Ravenel Jr., who enthusiastically spearheaded a broad~based effort to secure the funds for its construction. . . . — Map (db m10042) HM
South Carolina (Charleston County), Mount Pleasant — Channel 2 & Suzie Q
[Side A] In 1954, Drayton Hastie, owner of WUSN, purchased Suzie Q, an Asian elephant, for $2,700 from a New York importer. A gimmick to lure viewers from WCSC, Suzie Q became QUSN's mascot in residence sharing the grounds with an . . . — Map (db m19100) HM
South Carolina (Charleston County), Mount Pleasant — Charles Pinckney - StatesmanSnee Farm — Charles Pinckney National Historic Site
Marker is on the farmhouse porch at north entrance): Charles Pinckney National Historic Site honors Charles Pinckney honors Charles Pinckney of South Carolina, one of the drafters and signers of the Constitution of the United States. . . . — Map (db m30544) HM
South Carolina (Charleston County), Mount Pleasant — 10-7 — Christ Church
The Church Act of 1706 created Christ Church Parish. The first church, a wooden structure built in 1707, accidentally burned in 1725. A brick church was erected in 1726, and although the British burned it in 1782 and the interior was destroyed by . . . — Map (db m38264) HM
South Carolina (Charleston County), Mount Pleasant — Christ ChurchThe Episcopal Church of Christ Church Parish
Foundation Laid in 1707 The first clergyman in 1708 Rev.Edward Marston and Vestry follows David Maybank and Henry Gill, Wardens Thomas Barton, William Capers, Leonard Hickman, John Simes, Richard Fairchild, John Hale, and . . . — Map (db m38865) HM
South Carolina (Charleston County), Mount Pleasant — Clamagore (SS-343)
The diesel-powered submarine Clamagore was commissioned at New London, Conn., in June 1945. Her 30 years of service were spent operating out of Charleston, Key West, and New London. Displacement is over 1,800 tons, length 325 1/2 feet and she . . . — Map (db m31853) HM
South Carolina (Charleston County), Mount Pleasant — Confederate Cemetery / Memorial
South face By the united efforts and enduring sacrifices of the Noble woman of Mount Pleasant and Charleston. The zealous and tender custodians of the slumbering Heroes of a lost cause. This Monument has been . . . — Map (db m40014) HM
South Carolina (Charleston County), Mount Pleasant — 10-39 — Confederate Lines
The earthworks nearby are remains of the 1861 fortifications built to defend Mount Pleasant. They extended east 2.5 miles from Butler’s Creek at Boone Hall Plantation to Fort Palmetto on Hamlin Sound. Supporting this line were Battery Gary and those . . . — Map (db m38263) HM
South Carolina (Charleston County), Mount Pleasant — E-1B TracerBuNo. 147225
The carrier-based E-1B Tracer provided a carrier task force with early warning and guidence capability. Based on the C-1A Trader, the most distinguishing of the Tracer is the large aerodynamic radome above the fuselage. Joining the fleet . . . — Map (db m19134) HM
South Carolina (Charleston County), Mount Pleasant — Edmund Jenkins / Ocean Grove Cemetery
Edmund Jenkins Edmund Jenkins, a veteran of World War I, was the first elected black Town Marshal in Mount Pleasant, and served the Town from 1920-1927. He died December 26, 1930. His gravestone is directly to the left of this marker. The . . . — Map (db m38036) HM
South Carolina (Charleston County), Mount Pleasant — F/A-18A HornetBuNo. 162435
The F/A-18 Hornet has become the workhorse of the US Navy and Marine Corps aviation. This carrier-based all weather strike/fighter has served a multitude of roles since entering service in 1983. The Hornet's first combat missions were strikes . . . — Map (db m19137) HM
South Carolina (Charleston County), Mount Pleasant — F-14 TomcatBuNo. 159025
The F14 Tomcat was a supersonic, variable swept wing aircraft designed to replace (beginning in 1972) the F-4 Phantom II as the US Navy's primary fighter/ interceptor. With its advanced weapons systems, the Tomcat could simultaneously track . . . — Map (db m19130) HM
South Carolina (Charleston County), Mount Pleasant — F-4J Phantom IIBuNo. 153077
The F-4 Phantom II was a two seat supersonic long range all weather fighter-bomber originally built for the US Navy. The Phantom II began service aboard aircraft carriers in the early 1960s, and would set many speed and performance records. . . . — Map (db m130528) HM
South Carolina (Charleston County), Mount Pleasant — F-8K Crusader"The Last Gunfighter" — BuNo. 146939
Distinctive in appearance, the F-8 Crusader was one of the US Navy's first supersonic carrier-based fighters. During testing (1956), the Crusader set a national speed record of 1000mph (1609 km/m). Entering service in 1957, the Crusader was the . . . — Map (db m19136) HM
South Carolina (Charleston County), Mount Pleasant — 10-38 — Friendship A.M.E. Church
(Front text) This church, founded during Reconstruction, has been at the same site since 1890. The first sanctuary serving this congregation was located on Hibben Street and built on a lot leased by the Town of Mount Pleasant in 1877. After . . . — Map (db m39427) HM
South Carolina (Charleston County), Mount Pleasant — General William Moultrie / Moultrie Schools
(Front): The Moultrie Schools were named in honor of General William Moultrie, the highest ranking S.C. officer during the Revolutionary War and hero of the 1776 Battle of Fort Sullivan, which was renamed Fort Moultrie. He fought in the S.C. . . . — Map (db m31883) HM
South Carolina (Charleston County), Mount Pleasant — Greenhill Community / Greenhill Farming
Greenhill Community In 1870, freedman Hardy Green purchased 30 acres of land along Mathis Ferry Road. The area was called Spark Hill, but was later named Greenhill by the Moultrie School District. Children walked several miles to Laing . . . — Map (db m37966) HM
South Carolina (Charleston County), Mount Pleasant — Harry M. Hallman, Jr.A Lifetime of Public Service
(Front text) Born in Greenwood, SC, on July 30, 1934, Harry M. Hallman, Jr., dedicated much of his adult life to public service. He was elected Mayor of the Town of Mount Pleasant in 2000. Mayor Hallman's administration was responsible . . . — Map (db m37968) HM
South Carolina (Charleston County), Mount Pleasant — Helicopter Attack Squadron (Light) Three Memorial
In memory of these pilots and door gunners of Helicopter Attack Squadron (Light) Three known as Seawolves, volunteers all. They gave their lives in honorable service to their country and in defense of freedom during the Vietnam War. These . . . — Map (db m100788) WM
South Carolina (Charleston County), Mount Pleasant — Hibben House
Gen. William Moultrie and other colonial officers stayed here on parole when the British occupied Charleston 1781 Placed by Rebecca Motte Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution 1936 — Map (db m67283) HM
South Carolina (Charleston County), Mount Pleasant — In Memoriam • USS Thresher and USS Scorpion
In Memoriam To those who sacrificed their lives while serving in and supporting our submarine forces during the Cold War. USS Thresher (SSN 593) Lost at sea with all hands April 10, 1963 USS Scorpion (SSN 589) . . . — Map (db m42756) HM
South Carolina (Charleston County), Mount Pleasant — I'on Cemetery
This family cemetery is also known as the Hobcaw Cemetery, the Bond Family Cemetery, and the Read Family Cemetery. Only fragments of the old gravestones remain. It is likely that the cemetery was first used in 1713 to bury David Maybank, . . . — Map (db m39256) HM
South Carolina (Charleston County), Mount Pleasant — 10-30 — Jacob Bond I'On
(Front text) Jacob Bond I'On (1782-1859), planter, U.S. Army and militia officer, and state legislator, is buried in the family cemetery 1/2 mi. north. I'On, a contemporary of John C. Calhoun at Yale University, represented St. James . . . — Map (db m37964) HM
South Carolina (Charleston County), Mount Pleasant — Jasper Green/ Sergeant William Jasper
Jasper Green Jasper Green, a grassy field, became part of Moultrie High School’s campus and was named for Sergeant William Jasper. Jasper Green was home to the Moultrie High School Generals, now the Moultrie Middle School Patriots. The Green . . . — Map (db m37811) HM
South Carolina (Charleston County), Mount Pleasant — 10-37 — Laing School
(Front text) Laing School located here from 1868 to 1953 was founded in 1866 by Cornelia Hancock, a Quaker who had served as a nurse with the Union Army during the Civil War. First housed in Mount Pleasant Presbyterian Church, Laing . . . — Map (db m39428) HM
South Carolina (Charleston County), Mount Pleasant — Lowcountry Waterways
During colonial times any trip to Charleston from Snee Farm was by way of tidal creeks and rivers. While today we depend on the automobile and a network of highways and bridges, life was not so convenient for the people of Charles Pinckney’s time. . . . — Map (db m67734) HM
South Carolina (Charleston County), Mount Pleasant — 10-52 — Maybank Green / Hobcaw Plantation
Maybank GreenIn 1697 David Maybank II (1660-1713) acquired 200 acres along Hobcaw Creek from the Lords Proprietors. Maybank, a carpenter, built a house on this site which he named Hobcaw Plantation. The plantation passed to his daughter . . . — Map (db m37965) HM
South Carolina (Charleston County), Mount Pleasant — Milton's Ferry Tavern
By 1832, Milton's Ferry offered a ferry service to and from Charleston by way of a canal dug through the marsh. The ferry tavern was a two-sided house with stables and carriage houses to serve travelers. A bi-weekly stage ran from the tavern to . . . — Map (db m19099) HM
South Carolina (Charleston County), Mount Pleasant — Mount Pleasant Academy
Side A In 1809, the SC General Assembly incorporated Mount Pleasant Academy to educate the children of Christ Church Parish. Funded by a legacy and a lottery, a schoolhouse was built, but its site is uncertain. At times, classes were held . . . — Map (db m38042) HM
South Carolina (Charleston County), Mount Pleasant — Mount Pleasant Home for Destitute Children
Side A At this site in 1881, Abby Munro, a Quaker from Philadelphia, established a home for orphans, neglected, and destitute children. Funds to purchase and operate the home were solicited locally and from friends in the North. It was . . . — Map (db m38045) HM
South Carolina (Charleston County), Mount Pleasant — 10-25 — Mount Pleasant Presbyterian Church
Erected about 1854 and originally a Congregational Church affiliated with Old Wappetaw Church, founded about 1699. Served as a Confederate hospital during the Civil War, then briefly housed the Laing School for freedmen during Reconstruction. Was . . . — Map (db m39620) HM
South Carolina (Charleston County), Mount Pleasant — Mount Pleasant Waterworks
Side A In the early 20th century, Mount Pleasant’s leaders and citizens believed that the town’s rural locale and lack of a quality water supply hindered residential growth and prosperity. The situation changed when the Cooper River Bridge . . . — Map (db m38046) HM
South Carolina (Charleston County), Mount Pleasant — Patjens Post Office
In 1899, the Patjens family built this small office adjacent to their store on Church Street, to serve as the post office in Mount Pleasant. The Patjens family served as postmasters until 1917. Patjens Post Office has been owned and maintained by . . . — Map (db m37814) HM
South Carolina (Charleston County), Mount Pleasant — Patriots Point Naval & Maritime Museum/The Medal of Honor Museum
Patriots Point Naval & Maritime Museum The South Carolina General Assembly passed legislation in 1973 enabling the establishment of the Patriots Point Authority to develop a portion of Hog Island as a national naval museum. The museum . . . — Map (db m19200) HM
South Carolina (Charleston County), Mount Pleasant — Patriots Point Vietnam Memorial
In Memorium To The Following Patriots From The First Congressional District Of The State of South Carolina Who Valiantly Gave Their Lives On the Battlefields of Vietnam Dedicated May 9, 1981 The American Legion Department of South Carolina . . . — Map (db m100787) WM
South Carolina (Charleston County), Mount Pleasant — Phillips Community
Side A This community, settled along Horlbeck Creek in the 1870s by freedmen, was named after the Phillips Plantation. Former slaves of the Laurel Hill, Parker Island, and Boone Hall Plantations purchased the land in ten acre parcels and . . . — Map (db m38049) HM
South Carolina (Charleston County), Mount Pleasant — Pierates Cruze / Pierates Cruze Gardens
Pierates Cruze The Pierates Cruze property, once part of the Hilliardsville tract, was a private residence and garden. The property changed hands several times before it was purchased and named by the Osgood family in 1928. The Osgoods . . . — Map (db m37815) HM
South Carolina (Charleston County), Mount Pleasant — Pitt Street Merchants
By the middle of the 20th Century, the residents of the old village shopped on Pitt Street. This area included grocery, hardware, and department stores; a dress shop, doctors’ offices, the pharmacy, barber shop, post office, and Mount Pleasant . . . — Map (db m39429) HM
South Carolina (Charleston County), Mount Pleasant — Point Plantation / Richmond Plantation
Point Plantation In 1715, John Vanderhorst purchased 540 acres known as the Point for ₤360. So began a long line of ownership by this well-known Colonial family. By 1740, John’s son Joseph and 29 slaves lived at the Point and operated a . . . — Map (db m37816) HM
South Carolina (Charleston County), Mount Pleasant — Rice Trunk
This small replica illustrates how rice trunks were used to flood and drain rice fields. To flood a field, the gate on the river side was raised while the other was lowered. Water flowed into the field through the trunk at high tide. To drain the . . . — Map (db m67735) HM
South Carolina (Charleston County), Mount Pleasant — 10-32 — Rifle Range Road
A U.S. Navy rifle range was built near here during World War I on the site of an old S.C. National Guard firing range. Included were 100 targets, 2 armories, a 600-seat mess hall, 12 barracks and auxiliary buildings. After 1918 the 100-acre site . . . — Map (db m19116) HM
South Carolina (Charleston County), Mount Pleasant — Riverside Beach / White's Paridise
Riverside Beach Riverside Beach, developed by the Cooper River Bridge Company, opened in 1930 as the first black beach in the area. It was sold to the County in 1941. The site featured a dance pavilion, boardwalk, bath house, playground and ball . . . — Map (db m38262) HM
South Carolina (Charleston County), Mount Pleasant — Ronkin's Long Room / Ferry Service
(Front): Ronkin's Long Room The crew of the Confederate submarine, H.L. Hunley, commanded by Lt. George Dixon, was temporarily quartered at Ronkin’s Long Room, 205 Ferry Street, in early 1864. The building, previously known as Shell Hall, . . . — Map (db m38051) HM
South Carolina (Charleston County), Mount Pleasant — S-2E TrackerBuNo. 151657
Beginning in the 1950s, many Essex-class carriers like Yorktown,were designated anti-submarine aircraft carriers (CVS) to challenge the growing Soviet submarine threat. The S-2 Tracker was the prominent ASW (Anti-Submarine Warfare) weapon aboard . . . — Map (db m19138) HM WM
South Carolina (Charleston County), Mount Pleasant — S-3B VikingBuNo, 159731
The S-3 Viking replaced the S-2 Tracker in carrier-based ASW (Anti-Submarine Warfare) operations by the mid 1970s. In the 1990s, the Viking's focus shifted to surface warfare and aerial refueling. The versatile Viking (often called "The Swiss Army . . . — Map (db m19139) HM
South Carolina (Charleston County), Mount Pleasant — Scanlonville
In 1868, John Scanlon, a freedman, purchased 614 acres of the former Remley Plantation at auction for $6,100. He then founded the Charleston Land Company to provide land ownership to freed slaves. The tract was subdivided into a planned community . . . — Map (db m38053) HM
South Carolina (Charleston County), Mount Pleasant — Seaside
Side A The earliest documented owner of the property known as Seaside was Thomas Whitesides. A plat shows the property included a main house, a barn, other outbuildings, and a row of four slave cabins. The land was divided among his five . . . — Map (db m37817) HM
South Carolina (Charleston County), Mount Pleasant — SH-3G Sea KingBuNo. 149932
The SH-3 Sea King replaced the H34 as the US Navy's standard ASW ( Anti-Submarine Warfare) helicopter from the 1960s to the 1990s. A watertight "boat" hull and stabilizing floats gave the Sea King short term amphibious capability. Several Sea Kings . . . — Map (db m19140) HM
South Carolina (Charleston County), Mount Pleasant — Shell Rings and Shell Middens
(Front): Shell rings and shell middens found along the SC coast were made by Native Americans 3000-4000 years ago. Several have been discovered in the East Cooper area. The rings, composed largely of shell, animal bone and pottery were . . . — Map (db m35927) HM
South Carolina (Charleston County), Mount Pleasant — Shem Creek
The name of this deepwater tidal creek is derived from the Indian word "Shemee." The creek has been an important site for shipbuilding, fishing, transportation, and milling industries since the early 1700's. Shem Creek also was known as Sullivan's, . . . — Map (db m75234) HM
South Carolina (Charleston County), Mount Pleasant — Shipyard Road / Shelmore Boulevard
Shipyard Road A close relationship existed between the Jacob Bond family of Hobcaw Plantation and the owners of the nearby colonial shipyards. The plantation’s live oaks and longleaf pines were used to build ships. East and West Shipyard roads . . . — Map (db m37818) HM
South Carolina (Charleston County), Mount Pleasant — Silas N. Pearman Tower
The Silas N. Pearman Bridge Named to Commemprate The former Cheif Highway Commissioner The Pearman Bridge (Modeled Here) Spanned the Cooper River from 1966 to 2005. Built by the South Carolina Dapartment of Transportation Designed by . . . — Map (db m19215) HM
South Carolina (Charleston County), Mount Pleasant — Slave Community
Enslaved Africans once lived and labored at Snee Farm. This site is a remnant of a slave community that extended south, beyond today’s park boundary. The structures that once stood here were built of wood with post-in-ground foundations. Outlined . . . — Map (db m67729) HM
South Carolina (Charleston County), Mount Pleasant — 10-20 — Snee Farm
The country home of Charles Pinckney (1757-1824), Snee Farm stands about 0.7 mi. west of here. One of SC's signers of the US Constitution, Pinckney also served in the General Assembly and in Congress. He was elected governor of SC four times and was . . . — Map (db m16340) HM
South Carolina (Charleston County), Mount Pleasant — Snee FarmCharles Pinckney National Historic Site
Marker is off pathway, south of farmhouse:] The Pinckney family owned Snee Farm from 1754 to 1817. Charles Pinckney inherited the property from his father in 1782. Snee Farm was one of Charles Pinckney’s seven plantations. At 715 acres it . . . — Map (db m30804) HM
South Carolina (Charleston County), Mount Pleasant — St. Andrew's Church
Side A Reverend Andrew Fowler was elected rector of Christ Church in 1828. He bought a village home on Whilden Street where he held services for 40 people from June to Advent to avoid the malaria-plagued sickly season. Services were held at . . . — Map (db m37819) HM
South Carolina (Charleston County), Mount Pleasant — Talos Missile
The Talos Series of shipborn missiles was one of the most powerful in the U.S. Navy. It's main function was anti-aircraft for fleet defense. But later versions had surface-to-surface capability. Range: Over 75 miles Speed Mach 2.5 Weight: . . . — Map (db m19217) HM
South Carolina (Charleston County), Mount Pleasant — The A-4 Skyhawk Pilots
In Loving Memory Of The A-4 Skyhawk Pilots Who made the supreme sacrifice over Vietnam U.S.S. Intrepid CV-11 LtJG. Edward J. Broms, Jr., VA-66 • CDR. Legrande O. Cole,Jr., VA- 15 • LCDR. Philip C. Craig, VA-15 • LtJG. . . . — Map (db m19371) HM
South Carolina (Charleston County), Mount Pleasant — The A-7E Corsair IIBuNo. 159291
The A-7 Corsair II was a carrier-based light attack aircraft designed to replace the A-4 Skyhawk. The aircraft was given its popular name in honor of the WW II F-4U Corsair. The Corsair II (A-7A) made its combat debut in late 1967 aboard the . . . — Map (db m19132) HM
South Carolina (Charleston County), Mount Pleasant — The F-4 Phantom Pilots
In Loving Memory Of The F-4 Phantom Pilots Who Made The Supreme Sacrifice Over Vietnam U.S.S. Coral Sea CV-43 Capt. James R. Bauder, VF-21 • Lt. Richard C. Clark, VF-151 • LCDR. Roger G. Emrich, VF-161 • Capt. William . . . — Map (db m19412) HM
South Carolina (Charleston County), Mount Pleasant — The King's Highway / Coleman Boulevard
(Front): In the 1700s, the King's Highway began in Virginia and wound down the coast through the Carolinas. The section of road that passed through Mount Pleasant became one of the first coastal roadways serving as a colonial post road for . . . — Map (db m31884) HM
South Carolina (Charleston County), Mount Pleasant — The Old Village
By 1872, several settlements which had developed along Charleston Harbor, were incorporated as the Town of Mount Pleasant. The earliest hamlet was Greenwich Village (1766), followed by the Hibben Ferry Tract (1770), Mount Pleasant Plantation (1808), . . . — Map (db m37813) HM
South Carolina (Charleston County), Mount Pleasant — The Whilden House / 54th Massachusetts Regiment
(Front): The Whilden House Elias Whilden, planter and mayor (1857-1858), built his home c. 1840. Five sons fought for the Confederacy, including John Marshall Whilden. John was Captain of the Citadel cadets who fired on the steamer, . . . — Map (db m84068) HM
South Carolina (Charleston County), Mount Pleasant — Thomas Lynch at Rivertowne
Side A Thomas and Sabina Lynch were some of Mount Pleasant’s earliest and wealthiest residents. Their 18th century plantation house was located here in Rivertowne. The Lynch family story begins in 1677 when Jonack Lynch emigrated from . . . — Map (db m38056) HM
South Carolina (Charleston County), Mount Pleasant — U.S.S. Laffey
U.S.S. Laffey has been designated a National Historic Landmark This Site Possesses National Significance in Commemorating the History of the United States of America 1986 National Park Service . . . — Map (db m68906) HM
South Carolina (Charleston County), Mount Pleasant — #89001229 — USS Clamagore
. . . — Map (db m19210) HM
South Carolina (Charleston County), Mount Pleasant — USS Pollack (SSN 603) USS Haddo (SSN 604)
The initial two nuclear attack submarines home ported in Charleston — Map (db m42728) HM
South Carolina (Charleston County), Mount Pleasant — Vaughn Edward Kee — August 13, 1960 - December 13, 1985
On December 13, 1985, at 2:35 am, Mount Pleasant Officer Kee stopped an intoxicated driver near this site. During the traffic stop, a second intoxicated driver struck officer Kee as he stood near his patrol car. Officer Kee gave his life to protect . . . — Map (db m19113) HM
South Carolina (Charleston County), Mount Pleasant — Wando Pottery
Indians living along the Wando River 1200 years ago made distinctive pottery using limestone and clay from the river banks. This type of pottery is found only in the Wando River Basin and is distinguished by the presence of limestone used to temper . . . — Map (db m38058) HM
South Carolina (Charleston County), Mount Pleasant — 10-10 — War of 1812 Encampment
(Front text) On June 18, 1812, the United States declared war against Great Britain. One of the first units to be mustered into service was the Third Regiment of South Carolina Militia, which was stationed at Haddrell's Point, west of here, . . . — Map (db m39505) HM
South Carolina (Charleston County), Mount Pleasant — World War II Submarine Lost Boat Memorial
Still On Patrol –– • –– U.S. Navy Submarines paid heavily for their success in World War II. A total of 374 Officers and 3131 men are on board these 52 U.S. Submarines still on "patrol." . . . — Map (db m42750) HM

75 markers matched your search criteria.
Paid Advertisement We are suspending Amazon.com advertising until they remove an ad for a certain book from circulation. A word in the book’s title has given rise to number of complaints. The word is inappropriate in school classroom settings.