Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 

Muncy, Pennsylvania Historical Markers

 
Capt. John Brady Marker image, Touch for more information
By Don Morfe, October 12, 2015
Capt. John Brady Marker
Pennsylvania (Lycoming County), Muncy — Capt. John Brady
The famed Indian fighter and hero of the colonial wars and the Revolution was killed in ambush by Indians near here April 11, 1779. He was in charge of Fort Brady at present Muncy at the time — Map (db m89951) WM
Pennsylvania (Lycoming County), Muncy — Capt. John Brady 1733-1779 Soldier Pioneer Patriot
Capt. John Brady was ambushed and killed by Indians near this spot while bringing supplies to beleaguered Fort Brady Capt. John was an officer in the Pontiac and French and Indian Wars Major of Associations in 1775 Captain under General George . . . — Map (db m89952) WM
Pennsylvania (Lycoming County), Muncy — Muncy
Laid out, 1799, by Benjamin McCarty. Named for the Monsey Indians, tribe of Delawares, who inhabited this area before arrival of the whites. Four Indian paths - Shamokin, Wyalusing, Wyoming, Towanda - formed a junction here — Map (db m89933) HM
Pennsylvania (Lycoming County), Muncy — Muncy
Laid out, 1799, by Benjamin McCarty. Named for the Monsey Indians, tribe of Delawares, who inhabited this area before arrival of the whites. Four Indian paths - Shamokin, Wyalusing, Wyoming, Towanda - formed a junction here. — Map (db m89934) HM
Pennsylvania (Lycoming County), Muncy — Muncy Mills
The nearby memorial is at the site of this valley's first grist mill. It was built by John Alward about 1772 and burned by Indians 1779. Other mills built on the site in 1783 and 1800. Last mill was used until 1872. — Map (db m89930) HM
Pennsylvania (Lycoming County), Muncy — Shoemaker Bridge
At this place was the first flour mill in this valley. Built by John Alward about 1772. Destroyed by Indians, 1779. The second mill built on the same site by Henry Shoemaker, 1763. The third mill built about 1800 by Jacob, son of Henry Shoemaker. . . . — Map (db m89931) HM

6 markers matched your search criteria.
Paid Advertisement