Touch FIRST to browse through the results shown on this page.
New Paltz, New York Historical Markers
By Howard C. Ohlhous, September 17, 2007
1799 House and Marker
Built by Ezekiel Elting as a home
and store. Original gambrel roof
destroyed in 1888 blizzard. 1968
purchased by LeFevre Family Assoc.
Maintained by HHS and LeFevre family. — — Map (db m5737) HM
Built by Louis Bevier,
the patentee, in 1698.
Elting homestead from
1740. This house has an
interesting sub-cellar. — — Map (db m5722) HM
Built by Pierre Deyo,
one of twelve original
patentees of New Paltz,
in 1692. — — Map (db m5712) HM
A French Huguenot Village
governed by "The Dusine",
a body of 12 men chosen
annually. For 100 years the
only form of government. — — Map (db m133428) HM
The fort built in 1705
by Daniel Dubois. Site
first redoubt. There are
port holes in the east end. — — Map (db m5713) HM
Built 1720 by Hugo Freer,
one of twelve original
patentees of New Paltz.
The Low House after 1732. — — Map (db m5726) HM
Built 1712, by Abraham, the
patentee, once soldier in
English Army, friend of
Gov. Andros. Kitchen scene
of cock fights. — — Map (db m5728) HM
Built 1775 on lands bought from Esopus Indians on December 28, 1678, by his grandfather, Louis Dubois, Patentee of New Paltz — — Map (db m23100) HM
Built in 1712, by
the patentee; now home of
The Huguenot Patriotic,
Historical and Monumental
Society, since 1899. — — Map (db m5710) HM
Founded 1678. Six houses built by Huguenot refugees from France, original patentees, before 1720 are on Walkill River. — — Map (db m5706) HM
Founded 1678. Six houses
built before 1720 are on
Huguenot Street, on the
Walkill River, homes of
refugees from France. — — Map (db m5708) HM
Founded 1678. Six houses built before 1720 are on Huguenot Street, on the Wallkill River, homes of refugees from France. — — Map (db m133422) HM
To the Memory and in honor of- Louis DuBois Christian Deyo Abraham Hasbrouck Andre LeFevre Jean Hasbrouck Piere Deyo Louis Bevier Anthoine Crespel Hugo Frere Issac DuBois Simon LeFevre The New Paltz Patentees, who, driven by religious persecution . . . — — Map (db m29444) HM
First Stone Church, 1717.
Services in French to 1753,
Dutch language to 1800.
Church corner stone seen
at south wall of portico. — — Map (db m5732) HM
Built of logs, first
first church of stone 1717.
Called "Our French Church".
Precursor Reformed Church. — — Map (db m5736) HM 15 markers matched your search criteria.