Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Newark Valley, New York Historical Markers

 
Fairfield United Methodist Church image, Touch for more information
By Steve Stoessel
Fairfield United Methodist Church
New York (Tioga County), Newark Valley — Fairfield United Methodist Church
Incorporated as Methodist Episcopal Church of Lower Fairfield, 1900 Land deeded by Alfred & Mary Dennis Building dedicated, 1901 Ladies Aid Society formed, 1900. — Map (db m141737) HM
New York (Tioga County), Newark Valley — Maple Tree
Maple Tree By tradition on this site was a blazed maple tree in 1786 spared when an indian trail was widened into wagon road. Town of Newark Valley — Map (db m141713) HM
New York (Tioga County), Newark Valley — The First School
First school in Tioga County 1796 conducted in bark shanty just west of this site. — Map (db m141712) HM
New York (Tioga County), Newark Valley — Wade Farm
Wade Farm Purchased 1833 by Lewis Wade, 1791-1862, musician War of 1812. Owned and worked successively By Lewis Wade, William Wade Edgar O. Wade, Floyd E. Wade. State Education Department 1938 — Map (db m141742) HM

4 markers matched your search criteria.  
  
 
Paid Advertisement