Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 

Newtown Square, Pennsylvania Historical Markers

 
Okehocking Marker, Sign for the Okehocking Preserve image, Touch for more information
By Keith S Smith, December 13, 2011
Okehocking Marker, Sign for the Okehocking Preserve
Pennsylvania (Chester County), Newtown Square — Okehocking Indian Town
Okehocking Indian Town The Chiefs Pokhais, Sepopawny, and Muttagooppa With their people of the Unami Group *Their Totem* *The Tortoise* Of the Lenni – Lenape or Delawares were moved from lower Ridley and Crum Creeks by . . . — Map (db m50486) HM
Pennsylvania (Delaware County), Newtown Square — Bartram Bridge — c. 1860 — The last remaining covered bridge in Delaware County, PA —
. . . — Map (db m92214) HM
Pennsylvania (Delaware County), Newtown Square — Daniel Williamson House — c. 1692
Daniel acquired 450 acre tract From Thomas Rudyard in 1692, Main House built in three sections, 1692, 1794, 1801. East end oldest. Huge walk in fireplace — Map (db m96011) HM
Pennsylvania (Delaware County), Newtown Square — George H. Earle III — (1890-1974)
Governor of Pennsylvania, 1935-1939. His administration during the Great Depression, known as the “Little New Deal,” created more than 200,000 new jobs and established the Pa. Turnpike Commission. Civil rights, labor, and unemployment . . . — Map (db m135762) HM
Pennsylvania (Delaware County), Newtown Square — Square Inn — 1742
SQUARE INN 1742 Public House of Entertainment Innkeeper was John West father of artist Benjamin West. Located in Penn’s Town Square. Operated until 1771. — Map (db m92198) HM

5 markers matched your search criteria.  
 
Paid Advertisement