This sanctuary was constructed in 1894, six years after Central Christian Church was founded by The Rev. M.F. Smith. Built by craftsmen Roger Brothers and R. Chenowith, the Gothic Revival structure was one of the first of its style to appear in this . . . — — Map (db m119338) HM
With this marker the curtain of time
has been removed. The trails and mail routes
made across the county by traders,
prospectors, soldiers, homesteaders,
stagecoach drivers, surveyors, freighters and
drovers with their . . . — — Map (db m96910) HM
Red River Station
Established 9 miles northwest 1861 as Civil War outpost near major buffalo and Indian crossing local soldiers, determined to guard edge of settlement against Indian . . . — — Map (db m96689) HM
Col. Diego Ortiz Parilla, a commandant of Presidio San Saba (near the later site of Menard) had grave Indian problems in 1759. Priests and others were killed in Comanche attacks on Mission San Saba. Comanches and their friends were allied to . . . — — Map (db m119479) HM
The town of Spanish Fort occupies the site of an ancient Taovayas Indian village.
Scene of first severe defeat in Texas of Spanish troops by Indians in 1759.
Named Fort Teodoro in 1778 by De Mezieres in honor of Teodoro De Croix, . . . — — Map (db m119481) HM