Fresno Flats was a farming and supply center for the mining and lumber industries. The local blacksmith was known throughout the area as the only one able to fabricate and repair large wheels. The oldest still-operating in Madera County Post Office . . . — — Map (db m60306) HM
This slab of a Giant Sequoia was cut from a 2,000 yr old Sequoia toppled by a winter storm in 1979 in Eastern Tulare County. 200 feet in length and 50 feet in circumference, the tree weighed 900,000 lbs. In 1981, LDG Logging Co of Oakhurst purchased . . . — — Map (db m60308) HM
Built by volunteers with donated materials, this church was first consecrated June 20, 1894. It was the only house of worship in the region for half a century. Services were discontinued in the early 1950's. The community rallied to save the church . . . — — Map (db m34934) HM
Taking two years to construct and opening in August 1876, The flume ran 52 miles from Sugar Pine Sawmill to the Planing mill and railroad in Madera. This wooden flume transported lumber and loggers to Madera across deep canyons, streams and . . . — — Map (db m84537) HM
Fresno Flats (Oakhurst) was the western end of the Old French Trail (Fresno Flats Trail). Built by J. S. French, it was 54 miles long and a vital east - west route for supplies, mail, equipment and pioneers through the Sierra Mountains.
It . . . — — Map (db m60307) HM