|► Maryland (Montgomery County), Olney — Higgins Tavern —|
|From Colonial times until the late 19th century, taverns occupied almost every crossroad and trading center. They were the center of life for rural communities. This is where mail was received, goods were traded, travelers slept, newspapers were . . . — — Map (db m72582) HM|
|► Maryland (Montgomery County), Olney — Olney House — Also known as “Little Olney” —|
|Built by Whitson Canby c. 1800. Roger Brooke acquired the property for his daughter Sarah and her husband Dr. Charles Farquhar in 1822. They named the home after the town of Olney, England, the hometown of their favorite poet William Cowpers. When . . . — — Map (db m371) HM|
|► Maryland (Montgomery County), Olney — Springhouse — Olney House —|
|This springhouse was constructed as an outbuilding of the Olney House (circa 1800). This one was restored and preserved by the Buffingtons in 2003. Before the invention of electric refrigeration, springhouses were common throughout rural areas and . . . — — Map (db m129440) HM|
3 markers matched your search criteria.