Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 

Otsego, Michigan Historical Markers

 
Otsego Civil War Memorial image, Touch for more information
By Duane Hall, May 6, 2014
Otsego Civil War Memorial
Michigan (Allegan County), Otsego — Otsego Civil War Memorial
In Memoriam Given in F.C. and L. The Soldiers and Sailors Who Died That the Union Might Live — Map (db m73760) WM
Michigan (Allegan County), Otsego — L2119 — Otsego Methodist Church
The Otsego Methodist Church was organized in 1842 and served by a traveling minister. The first church was built on this site in 1847. On December 22, 1889, over 900 townspeople attended the dedication of the present church. Many donated money . . . — Map (db m69960) HM
Michigan (Allegan County), Otsego — Welcome to Pine CreekHere Sat the Community of Pine Creek
Settled in 1831 by the Hull Sherwood and Giles Scott families of Rochester, New York, the Pine Creek area was first called “New Rochester.” Allegan County’s first grist mill was constructed here in 1834, attracting customers from miles . . . — Map (db m74596) HM
Michigan (Allegan County), Otsego — Welcome to the City of OtsegoOtsego: A Town with a History
Dr. Samuel Foster and his family built the first frame structure just west of here on the banks of the Kalamazoo River in the fall of 1831. First called “Allegan,” the name was changed officially to Otsego in 1835 when land developer . . . — Map (db m73761) HM

4 markers matched your search criteria.  
  
 
Paid Advertisement