Since 1797 the route of the old padre trail through this area provided a key link to the coast for Mission San Miguel and the lower Salinas valley, especially in the 1860’s for the shipping of mercury, vital to the recovery of California’s gold. . . . — — Map (db m68509) HM
This knoll is the site of a Native American village believed to have been occupied for over 100 generations or 3,000 years. It has been preserved to honor both the Chumash and Salinan Nations that inhabited this region before the arrival of the . . . — — Map (db m68424) HM
The first Protestant church in northern San Luis Obispo county was built in 1879 by early settlers. This nondenominational church on the Estrella Plains prospered with the pioneer community, but by 1912 fell into disuse as the various denominations . . . — — Map (db m59452) HM
An inspiring and varied history of the Mennonites in the Paso Robles area began in 1896. Pioneers Jacob Hege and Jacob E. Claassen came to this area to evaluate the land. They decided to settle east and west of Paso Robles. Mr. Hege liked the . . . — — Map (db m73175) HM
World famous pianist, composer, statesman, humanitarian, major California Central Coast land holder, vineyard owner, winemaker and almond grower.
Polish by birth and a citizen of the world, Paderewski felt at home in . . . — — Map (db m71909) HM
The boys of the Paso Robles
War Memorial Hospital
who made the supreme sacrifice in World War II Thomas C. Calvert • William O. Cottle • Joseph G. Crettol • Raymond O. Dauth • Raymond J. Farnell Jr. • Roy A Gruwell Jr. • Lester W. . . . — — Map (db m68656) WM
On April 18, 1917, Mr. and Mrs. Isaac Sims deeded this site of one and one half acres to and for the Lincoln School for the sum of $10.00 dollars. The school was built in 1917 and operated as a one room school house from 1917-1964. The school . . . — — Map (db m67790) HM
This monument is dedicated to all War Veterans of the
Paso Robles area who served Their county in its time of
Presented by the
Paso Robles United Veterans Council
Veterans of Foreign Wars – Post 5692
American Legion . . . — — Map (db m68426) WM
By the mid-1880s, the population of Paso Robles had increased to a level where a dedicated building to house criminals was needed. On September 20, 1887, Paso Robles Leaderran a story about a Saturday-night drunken brawl where weapons were . . . — — Map (db m72629) HM
On May 11, 1889, with one million bricks piled at this site, the laying of the foundation of this famous hotel was begun.
In November of 1889, the El Paso de Robles Hotel Company was incorporated with five stockholders: Drury and Louisa James, . . . — — Map (db m60007) HM
The Jeanesville Pump that rests quietly on permanent exhibit at the Paso Robles Pioneer Museum was one of 2000 steam powered pumps built at the turn of the century by the Jeanesville Iron Works Company.. .
Union Oil Company relocated this . . . — — Map (db m78134) HM
Members of the Willow Creek Mennonite Church worshiped at this site from 1911 to 1967. The building was moved here from the San Marcos area where it had been built in 1898. It burned on January 26, 1967
"For other foundation can no man lay . . . — — Map (db m67215) HM