Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 

Perry Hall, Maryland Historical Markers

 
Big Gunpowder Falls image, Touch for more information
By Beverly Pfingsten, July 29, 2007
Big Gunpowder Falls
Maryland (Baltimore County), Perry Hall — “Long Calm”
Maryland History. During the Colonial Period this was one of the most navigable stretches of the Gunpowder Falls. A Ferry operated here between 1754 and 1759. The Nottingham Forge and Gunpowder Furnace built metal products and battleship parts . . . — Map (db m9587) HM
Maryland (Baltimore County), Perry Hall — Camp Chapel
The site of camp meetings between 1776 and 1807, when a log chapel was built. Methodist leader Francis Asbury visited frequently. — Map (db m9581) HM
Maryland (Baltimore County), Perry Hall — Germantown
After the Civil War, dozens of immigrant families moved into the area. The village of Germantown started here, later known as Perry Hall. — Map (db m24516) HM
Maryland (Baltimore County), Perry Hall — Gunpowder Falls State Park — Sweathouse Branch Wildlands — Central Area
Wildlands are state designated small areas that retain their wilderness character. They have unique ecological, geological or scenic resources, and may provide a home for rare plant and animal species. Established in 1995, the Sweethouse Branch . . . — Map (db m64765) HM
Maryland (Baltimore County), Perry Hall — Harry Dorsey Gough — 1745-1808 — Maryland History
The founder of Perry Hall, Gough owned a 1,300 acre estate that bordered the Gunpowder Falls. He dominated commerce in Northeast Baltimore County during the colonial period. An active supporter of the Methodist church, he sheltered Francis Asbury . . . — Map (db m9611) HM
Maryland (Baltimore County), Perry Hall — Harry Dorsey Gough
The founder of Perry Hall, Gough and his wife Prudence sheltered Methodist leaders at the Perry Hall Mansion between 1775 and 1808. — Map (db m18235) HM
Maryland (Baltimore County), Perry Hall — Indian Rock
The village of Indian Rock, located here in the early 20th Century, started as a stop on the Baltimore and Jerusalem Turnpike. — Map (db m130822) HM
Maryland (Baltimore County), Perry Hall — Perry Hall — "The Adventure" 1000 Acres
One of the largest houses in Maryland. Begun in 1773 by Corbin Lee. Completed in 1776 by Harry Dorsey Gough. East wing of the Mansion partially burned in 1824. Repaired by Harry Dorsey Gough Carroll circa 1825. Restored by the owners in 1967. — Map (db m130821) HM

8 markers matched your search criteria.
Paid Advertisement We are suspending Amazon.com advertising until they remove an ad for a certain book from circulation. A word in the book’s title has given rise to number of complaints. The word is inappropriate in school classroom settings.