Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 

Plant City, Florida Historical Markers

 
Bing Rooming House and Marker image, Touch for more information
By Tim Fillmon, March 29, 2019
Bing Rooming House and Marker
Florida (Hillsborough County), Plant City — F-987 — Bing Rooming House
The Bing Rooming House was built in 1928, during the period of Plant City's railroad expansion. This two-story, thirteen-room house is a good example of Frame Vernacular construction, typical of that period, and is decorated with intricate mill work . . . — Map (db m131761) HM
Florida (Hillsborough County), Plant City — Cow Cavalry In Memory Co. B 1st Battalion Fl. Special Cavalry C. S. A. —
(Front face)1863 - 1865 Erected by Plant City Chapter #1931 United Daughters of the Confederacy November 17, 2007 By 1863 the Confederate Army was suffering severe food shortages. Capt. John T. Lesley was commissioned to recruit from . . . — Map (db m46292) HM
Florida (Hillsborough County), Plant City — Glover School Hillsborough County Historic Landmark circa 1933 —
In 1866, freed slaves from East Hillsborough County founded the community of Bealsville - named for Alfred Beal, a member of one of the original families. Since the beginning of the community, education was important to its residents. Instruction . . . — Map (db m57221) HM
Florida (Hillsborough County), Plant City — 81000194 — Plant City High School
This property has been placed on the National Register of Historic Places by the United States Department of the Interior — Map (db m55287) HM
Florida (Hillsborough County), Plant City — 75000558 — Plant City Union Depot
This property has been placed on the National Register of Historic Places by the United States Department of the Interior — Map (db m51654) HM
Florida (Hillsborough County), Plant City — Site of Methodist Episcopal Church South 1885-1902
Plant City's first church building was erected here by the Methodist congregation established at Ichepucksassa in 1850 by Rev. Samuel Knight. The congregation relocated from Shiloh to the new Town of Plant City where a church was erected under the . . . — Map (db m111090) HM
Florida (Hillsborough County), Plant City — Town of Plant City Incorporated January 10, 1885
Area one square mile with the center three blocks west of this point. The town plat covered land originally owned by pioneer John G. Thomas; 55 acres platted for Judge Henry L. Mitchell and 65 acres platted for Simon Peter Thomas, son of the . . . — Map (db m51324) HM

7 markers matched your search criteria.
Paid Advertisement