Built in 1854, the Alviso Adobe is one of the few adobe structures remaining in the Bay Area. Declared a California Historic Landmark in 1954, the building stands relatively unmodified since the 1920s.
The adobe was in continuous use from 1854 . . . — — Map (db m24616) HM
Pleasanton’s past and the rich stories of the people that have come before can be discovered in the landscape and features of this park. Three periods of occupation trace regional settlement from prehistory to the present day. . . . — — Map (db m24685) HM
This building, erected in 1844-46 by Francisco Solano Alviso, was the first adobe house to be built in the Pleasanton Valley. It was originally called Alisal-The Sycamores. Following the Battle of Sunol Canyon, General John C. Frémont withdrew to . . . — — Map (db m3558) HM
Here stands one the first commercial buildings in Pleasanton, possibly as old as 1864. Originally a general store, this building has been a bar, brothel, bank and unofficial Wells Fargo stagecoach stop. Since 1959 it has become well-known as the . . . — — Map (db m112913) HM
On Feb. 8, 1871 two men, the names of Neal F. Taylor and Timothy Cox, were looking for coal in the area and found more than they were looking for. On this creek which comes down through the then Dougherty Ranch the two men found a gold nugget. They . . . — — Map (db m69728) HM
John W. Kottinger (1819 – 1892) was Murray Township Justice of the Peace from 1853 to 1870. His home was the Seat of Justice for the township; The northwest corner of this adobe barn was used to jail prisoners. A frequent visitor was Joaquin . . . — — Map (db m24507) HM
John W. Kottinger one of pioneer founders and first Justice of the Peace of Pleasanton constructed this adobe brick barn about 1852. So built that part of it could house prisoners brought to justice in his court. Thus serving as Pleasanton’s first . . . — — Map (db m24592) HM
At roughly 45 feet high, the Meadowlark Dairy silo was a distinctive visual landmark. This circular paving marks the silo’s approximate location. The original silo and barn were much larger. Silage, fodder for animals, is created by partially . . . — — Map (db m24663) HM
There were once many buildings on the Meadowlark Dairy complex. One important building was a place for the ranch hands and workers to sleep and socialize. This bunkhouse is a smaller version of the one that was at the dairy. The current Foothill . . . — — Map (db m24665) HM
These low boundary walls show the approximate location of the Meadowlark Dairy manager’s house. The dairy manager played an important role in day-to-day operations. His house had a kitchen, living room, office and bedrooms. A half-cellar under the . . . — — Map (db m24671) HM
This grandstand is located on a portion of the historic Rancho El Valle de San Jose, granted to Pico, Sunol and Bernal by Mexico in 1839 forming part of Mission San Jose lands. Early settlers trained and raced horses here over 100 years ago. — — Map (db m65971) HM
The Heritage House has been the center of historical horse racing activities in the Livermore – Amador Valley for over 90 years. Built around 1900, it is the sole remaining structure from the days of the privately-owned racing business that . . . — — Map (db m112794) HM
In 1864, five years before the first railroad arrived in Pleasanton, John W. Kottinger demonstrated his faith in Pleasanton”s future by building the communities first hotel, The Farmer’s Hotel.
The building was purchased by Henry in 1891 and . . . — — Map (db m24607) HM