Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Pompey, New York Historical Markers

 
Baptist Church Marker image, Touch for more information
By Mollie, December 28, 2019
Baptist Church Marker
New York (Onondaga County), Pompey — Baptist Church
Built 1820 by N. Sterling. Frederick Freeman first pastor. Abandoned in 1834. Roman Catholic Church, 1866-92. Now LeMoyme Hall. — Map (db m143914) HM
New York (Onondaga County), Pompey — Congregational Church
Organized Oct. 19, 1796 by Rev. Ameni R. Robinson Church built in 1817-18. Now Pompey Presbyterian — Map (db m143910) HM
New York (Onondaga County), Pompey — Disciples Church
Disciples of Christ Church Organized in 1834 with 28 members Present building built by Matthias Berry in 1868 — Map (db m143915) HM
New York (Onondaga County), Pompey — Drovers Tavern, 1820
Built of materials taken from premises; Design of main house on file Library of Congress; Last remaining tavern for Drovers. — Map (db m143879) HM
New York (Onondaga County), Pompey — First School
Erected in Town of Pompey 1798 and used until 1810 Hepsabah Beebe — Teacher Cemetery adjoined school grounds. Later removed — Map (db m143916) HM
New York (Onondaga County), Pompey — First Tavern
1796-1808 Built and kept by Job Bartholomew. Burned 1808. Another built on same site in 1809. Kept by Wm. Scoville. — Map (db m143878) HM
New York (Onondaga County), Pompey — Horatio Seymour
1811 Birthplace of the twice Governor of New York State. Democratic candidate for President against Ulysses S. Grant. — Map (db m143909) HM
New York (Onondaga County), Pompey — House c. 1835
Part of David Green 1796 estate. 1835 owners Robert Fleming & Silas Holbrook. William G. Pomeroy Research Center & Museum 2003. — Map (db m143883) HM
New York (Onondaga County), Pompey — Indian War Stone
Grindstone of the Onondaga Indians. Used to sharpen arrows and spears at Indian Hill until 1666. Moved to LeMoyne Park, Pompey, 1905. — Map (db m143911) HM
New York (Onondaga County), Pompey — Pompey Academy
Site of Pompey Academy 1810-1834 Original academy was 40 x 50 feet frame building, two stories, gable end facing south. — Map (db m143913) HM
New York (Onondaga County), Pompey — Roman Catholic Mission Church
Roman Catholic Mission Church First in Pompey was located here, 1857-1866. Father James Cahill, first priest. — Map (db m143912) HM
New York (Onondaga County), Pompey — Site of Green's House
Built of logs in 1796 by David Green. The settlement was known for years as Green's Corners. — Map (db m143884) HM

12 markers matched your search criteria.
Paid Advertisement