The Caldersburgh Pearl was dedicated in 2001 as a full-sized replica of a three-cabin canal freighter (65' x 14'). The name Caldersburgh Pearl has special significance to Roscoe's past. Caldersburgh was the name of the original community (early . . . — — Map (db m27359) HM
This house was built c.1825 by Daniel Boyd, a weaver. Some time in the 1830s, and in the face of financial difficulties, Daniel and Jane Boyd deeded the house to the Methodist Episcopal Church to be the church parsonage.
Originally located in . . . — — Map (db m27368) HM
From 1833-1841 this property was owned by Joseph Kerr Johnson, father of John and David Johnson of the Johnson-Humrickhouse Museum and no relation to Maro Johnson. Built c.1833-1838, the house and property were purchased by Maro Johnson and John . . . — — Map (db m27369) HM
In 1842, Maro Johnson purchased a portion of lot #2. The deed read that Johnson had to have the property paid for and a respectable building erected on it within one year. Those terms were met. The building became Dr. Johnson's office. — — Map (db m27382) HM
This building, dedicated in the spring of 1987, was named in honor of Raymond Hay as a lasting memorial to the late Coshocton businessman for the many contributions he made to the Roscoe Village restoration and to Coschocton County. It is also . . . — — Map (db m26403) HM
This house, built by 1840, was the home of Jacob Welsh. Welsh is on record as having been a toll collector from 1836-1837.
Being a favorite of Mrs. Frances Montgomery, one of the founders of the restoration project, this was the first building . . . — — Map (db m26404) HM
James LeRetilley Sr. purchased the building in 1849, a year before his death. In 1825, he moved to Caldersburgh from Muskingum County and opened a general store. He was the first postmaster in Caldersburgh (1826). After the canal opened, LeRetilley . . . — — Map (db m27381) HM
James Taylor, owner of a Coshocton woolen mill, built a house and possibly the fruit cellar on this lot in 1826. Taylor moved to California in 1840. Subsequent owners include David Frew, a miller, farmer, and a postmaster, and Daniel Rose, a . . . — — Map (db m27383) HM
Built in 1831, this “Old Warehouse” was used to store large quantities of grain, hides, wool and produce. There was a dry goods store on the upper level. Known as the “Mill Store” in the 1830's, this was the natural place . . . — — Map (db m27379) HM
Roscoe has a long history with blacksmithing, but not always at this location. Originally consisting of a two-story center section with a one-story south wing, our smithy was constructed c.1890 as a stable. In 1905, the original south wing was . . . — — Map (db m26405) HM
Since its construction, this has always been a retail building: at one time a grocery store and once a mortuary. The upper floors contain private apartments.
The building is named after William Roscoe, an English poet and abolitionist. — — Map (db m27380) HM