Original site of Clark Home
1886 – 1907
Roseville Banking & Trust Co.
Acquired by Bank of Italy
Present building constructed
For Bank of America 1927
Occupied until 1966
Roseville Press Tribune . . . — — Map (db m37168) HM
President of Mexico 1858-1872 Successfully led his country against the Empire of Maximilian and pronounced these immortal words: "The respect for the rights of others is peace"
Donated by Alberto and Carmen Heredia and Family
Dedicated . . . — — Map (db m91373) HM
Between 1916 and 1924, a series of costly and destructive fires leveled many of the original wooden structures on Roseville's north side.
Built in the 1920's by J.H. Herring, this brick structure rose during a wave of rebuilding that followed . . . — — Map (db m91389) HM
Built in 1912, various businesses have occupied this building over the years, including Placer Savings, the Rainbow Club, Schmidt's Delicatessen and Dutra Liquors.
Known as Gordon Hall, the upstairs became a popular gathering place used by . . . — — Map (db m91386) HM
This monument has been erected to honor the memory of eleven local railroad workers who met untimely deaths in a tragic train accident between Roseville and Lincoln on April 8, 1935.
Louis Apostolas • Arnold Caballero • Sam Darras • Tony Espinoza . . . — — Map (db m37235) HM
“Petro” means rock, “Glyph” means writing. Archeologists speculate that pre-historic cultures used petroglyphs to depict aspects of ceremonial significance. These petroglyphs, which are carved in . . . — — Map (db m23427) HM
The “McRae Opera House” on the upper floor was Roseville’s main social hall through the 1920’s – being used for meetings, plays and dances. It was here that town meetings which led to Roseville’s incorporation were held. For a time . . . — — Map (db m37162) HM
1908 - Building built by A.B. Broyer and operated as a furniture store.
1014 - Purchased by M.B. Johnson and operated as a hardware store.
1936 - Purchased by Ulisse Gemignani and Louie Milani, opened as the Onyx Saloon . . . — — Map (db m37164) HM
1907 Site of one of Roseville's first auto garage
1910 Re-modeled to be the Doris Theater
1912-1913 Daytime use for Roseville High classes
1914-1922 Saugstad Brothers Automotive Garage
1932 Building destroyed by fire
1939-1960 . . . — — Map (db m91390) HM
Central Pacific graders reached Junction, now Roseville, on November 23, 1863, crossing the line of the California Central, which began building northward from Folsom in May 1858. That line was abandoned in 1868. CP’s track reached Junction April . . . — — Map (db m11079) HM
In honor of the
Air Force, Army, Marine
and Navy Veterans of
Placer County who served
their country proudly in
The Vietnam Conflict.
1961 – 1973
Lance Corporal Bruce Wayne Brace – Marines • Specialist 5 Danny Kaye Rich . . . — — Map (db m37142) HM
Concerned by the lack of adequate library facilities in 1910, the Women’s Improvement Club convinced the City Board of Trustees to contribute $2,000 and to apply to Andrew Carnegie for a $10,000 grant which they received on April 25, 1911. The land . . . — — Map (db m40182) HM
In Memory of Our Heroic Dead
Manfred W. Astill • George W. Baker • Joseph A. Bews • Gerald F. Bush • Alyn W. Butler • Gregory Collins • Thomas W. Dorsey • William Ely • Joaquin M. Gayaldo • James R. Goddard • Charles W. Gray • Claude . . . — — Map (db m91370) WM
In April 1909, the newly incorporated City of Roseville leased the upper level of the historic two story J.D. Pratt, later William Sawtell, store building at the corner of Pacific and Lincoln Streets for use as the town’s first City Hall.
Rent . . . — — Map (db m37174) HM
In the early 1900s a decision by Southern Pacific Railroad to relocate the regional operations to this area helped turn a small town once known as Junction into the City of Roseville. Locomotive 2252 is a symbol of this history and of the social and . . . — — Map (db m37150) HM