Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 

Saint Bernard, Louisiana Historical Markers

 
Saint Bernard Church Marker image, Touch for more information
October 28, 2016
Saint Bernard Church Marker
Louisiana (St. Bernard Parish), Saint Bernard — Saint Bernard Church
This church and St. Bernard civil parish were named after the patron Saint of Spanish Governor Bernardo de Gálvez who, in 1778, sent Canary Islanders (Isleños) to settle at the Post of La Conceptión, later variously called Terre-aux-Boeufs, De . . . — Map (db m99590) HM
Louisiana (St. Bernard Parish), Saint Bernard — Terre-Aux-Boeuf
Here, in "Land of Oxen," in 1788 Governor Bernardo de Galvez appointed Commandant Pierre Phillippe de Marigny to parcel land on the bayou for Canary Islanders. Later, Creole planters bought large estates on the bayou. — Map (db m99368) HM
Louisiana (St. Bernard Parish), Saint Bernard — Terre-Aux-Boeufs Cemetery
Canary Islanders (Isleños) settled Terre-aux-Boeufs (Cattle Land) after parceling in 1778 by Pierre Philippe Marigny, during regime of Governor Bernardo de Gálvez after whom St. Bernard Church and Civil Parish were named. First burial, June 6, 1787: . . . — Map (db m99445) HM

3 markers matched your search criteria.  
  
  
 
Paid Advertisement