Rancho Agua Caliente by 1820 was established by Mission San Gabriel authorities in this area to supply water and grass for mission cattle.
Jose Del Carmen Lugo, Jose Maria Lugo and Vicente Lugo acquired the mission lands in 1823 and built a . . . — — Map (db m120649) HM
On June 1851, the first major group of 520 Mormon settlers entered Southern California at Baldy Mesa Ridge in the West Cajon Pass. This location is northwest of Highway 138, about four miles from the Palmdale Freeway offramp. The Wagon Route ran . . . — — Map (db m51259) HM
Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe railway built San Bernardino‘s first permanent train depot in 1886 to meet the growing number of rail passengers and to house its Los Angeles division administrative and freight offices. This two-and-a-half-story wooden . . . — — Map (db m124518) HM
In March 1851 Charles C. Rich and Amasa M. Lyman, apostles of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, left Utah with 437 people "to establish a stronghold for the gathering of saints in California." Jefferson . . . — — Map (db m120645) HM
On this site in 1839 was built the first house in San Bernardino, the home of Jose del Carmen Lugo one of the grantees of the Rancho San Bernardino.
Also on this site in 1851 a stockade of logs was built as a protection against Indians. In it . . . — — Map (db m120632) HM
Located on the hills above San Bernardino, the Arrowhead has been an important landmark for centuries. It is believed to be a natural feature but its true origin is unknown. The distinctive arrowhead shape is visible because the white sage, which . . . — — Map (db m126067) HM
On this site the first public building erected in this county was the Council House. Built by Amasa Lyman and Charles C. Rich in 1853. Built of adobe, it was the central office of the Mormon interests both religious and secular. Later it was our . . . — — Map (db m120648) HM
Born at Brambridge in Northern N.Y. January 6, 1799 he discovered south pass of the Rocky Mts. the great gateway through which passed nearly all subsequent migration west and northwest from the Atlantic to the Pacific.
He was the first American . . . — — Map (db m120646) HM
Dick and Mac McDonald opened the world’s first McDonald’s Self-Service, Drive-In Restaurant on this site in San Bernardino, California, December 1948.
They previously operated a successful Drive-In Barbeque Restaurant with Carhop Service on this . . . — — Map (db m120644) HM