Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 

Sardis, Georgia Historical Markers

 
Old Quaker Road Marker image, Touch for more information
By Mike Stroud, 2008
Old Quaker Road Marker
Georgia (Burke County), Sardis — 017-1 — Old Quaker Road
This highway has been following closely the course of the Old Quaker Road, one of Georgia's earliest vehicular thoroughfares. It was opened about 1769 to link Savannah, the colonial capital, with a Quaker settlement centering around Wrightsboro in . . . — Map (db m7992) HM
Georgia (Burke County), Sardis — Original Site Sardis Baptist Church
Erected 1810 Rebuilt 1847 Dismantled 1940 and material used in erecting pastorium in Sardis. Originally Beech Branch Meeting House constituted in 1803. — Map (db m12491) HM
Georgia (Burke County), Sardis — 124-21 — Sardis Baptist Church
On Sept. 28, 1803, a group of men living in Burke County near Beech Branch Meeting House, "found to be in the true Baptist faith", by a presbytery of Rev. Henry Hand and Rev. John Ross, were constituted into one Body as a Baptist Church. A church . . . — Map (db m18718) HM

3 markers matched your search criteria.  
  
  
 
Paid Advertisement