Touch FIRST to browse through the results shown on this page.
Saugerties, New York Historical Markers
By Steve Stoessel, April 22, 2019
Earlier Lighthouse Site
Situated 0.5 mi east. Marks
Hudson River shoals and
the entrance to Saugerties
Harbor on the Esopus Creek.
Replaced 1835 lighthouse — — Map (db m132584) HM
Built 1827. Used for worship
until 1852, then sold for
use as an academy. Later
known and used as Burhans Blacksmith Shop — — Map (db m134286) HM
The deep ravines, irregular ridges and rocky slopes of the Catskill Mountains long remained wild and desolate. Small settlements began in mountain valleys before the American Revolution. After the war, population grew steadily as New . . . — — Map (db m56699) HM
Organized June 9, 1807.
Building erected 1808. — — Map (db m132628) HM
Road from early glass works
on the upper Sawkill, to
shipping point on Hudson,
above Rondout. Named for
sign on company's warehouse. — — Map (db m132541) HM
Of all those from the Town of Saugerties who served their country in the World War 1914-1918 — — Map (db m132640) WM
of Pre-Revolutionary days. Home of Dr. Christopher Kiersted, first physician in town, rendered service during Revolutionary War — — Map (db m129457) HM
Organized in 1710 by the Palatines. First pastor Rev. Joshua Kocherthal. First church site near present church. — — Map (db m129482) HM
Used as Patriots meeting place during Revolution. Articles of Association signed here. Religious services held here 1815-29 — — Map (db m129451) HM
Stood on this site 1663. Saugerties derived its
name from the Dutch word “De Zaagertjes”.
State Education Departement 1936 — — Map (db m127887) HM
Elder Katsbaan Church, member of General Committee of Articles of Association. Occupied continuously by descendants. Pre-Revolutionary House — — Map (db m129462) HM 11 markers matched your search criteria.