Built 1979 – 1980
1893 – 1974
In memory of all Americans who served their country with valor and gallantry during World War I and World War II in the pursuit of freedom and liberty for . . . — — Map (db m49433) WM
Constructed in 1956, the William Carmichael Elementary School was the first school to be built in the new Sierra Vista School District. The school first opened its doors on September 5, 1956, with 16 classrooms for 500 children in grades . . . — — Map (db m83848) HM
335 North Garden Avenue
Built in 1905
This is perhaps the oldest building still standing in Sierra Vista. Mr. John Reilly homesteaded the property and received the patent for the land in March of 1911. John Reilly and his wife Ellen sold . . . — — Map (db m27895) HM
The Carmichael House was built by William and Margaret Ziegan Carmichael on 131.05 acres. On December 11, 1911, Margaret, a single woman at the time, purchased the property from John and Ellen Reilly for $8,000. As the years passed, the Carmichael . . . — — Map (db m27894) HM
Dedicated 9, July 1993
In honor of
Command Sergeant Major
Clovis D. Ice
United States Army
1933 – 1991
CSM Ice was a pioneer in military intelligence, airborne and special forces operations. He was a principal developer of . . . — — Map (db m28234) HM
This site is within the Oliver Fry 280-acre homestead, which was filed August 11, 1912; the patent (or deed) was received August 11, 1916. Erwin Fry, the second oldest of Oliver and Elizabeth Fry's ten children, became the owner of this site. In . . . — — Map (db m27892) HM
The Crazyhorse system was fielded in 1985 to meet the need for a capability to locate unique electronic emissions in Central America. It consisted of three RC – 12G airframes converted from C – 12D aircraft by Sanders Associates, . . . — — Map (db m29587) HM
The Mohawk is a high-performance, two-seat, observation aircraft made by the Grumman Corporation. The first model flew in 1959 and the last came off the production line in 1970. First deployed in 1962, it became the mainstay of Army aerial . . . — — Map (db m29588) HM
holds the remains of
18 California Volunteers who died
at Fort Lowell during the Civil War and a
Civil War Veteran of the U.S. Colored Troops.
Their graves are marked with a GAR star.
Sgt. John C. McQuade - Co.B, 2 Calif. . . . — — Map (db m33745) HM
400 W. Fry Blvd.
Built in 1942
Originally constructed as a USO Club on land purchased by the U.S. Government from Mrs. Margaret Carmichael for the sum of $1.00, this facility served military personnel during World War II. It was closed . . . — — Map (db m27893) HM
Dedicated to the
Arizona Mining, Sand and Gravel Industry
by E.J. Cyr on 1/1/93
History: Built in 1905 by Ingersoll Rand for the Inspiration Consolidated Copper Co. in Miami, Arizona to power a 150 ton air compressor.
Antique wheel . . . — — Map (db m48595) HM