Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 

Sleepy Hollow, New York Historical Markers

 
Cold Spring Marker and Water Fountain image, Touch for more information
By J. J. Prats, August 9, 2010
Cold Spring Marker and Water Fountain
New York (Westchester County), Sleepy Hollow — Cold Spring
Erected in memory of Gen. John C. Freemont “The Pathfinder” a former resident of Sleepy Hollow. — Map (db m34678) HM
New York (Westchester County), Sleepy Hollow — Philipsburg Manor
Philips Manor was an 18th-century milling, farming and trading complex owned by the Loyalist Philipse family, tenanted by farmers, and operated by enslaved men, women and children. Revolutionary War Heritage Trail — Map (db m8729) HM
New York (Westchester County), Sleepy Hollow — The Headless Horseman Bridge
Described by Irving in The Legend of Sleepy Hollow formerly spanned this stream at this spot. — Map (db m8616) HM
New York (Westchester County), Sleepy Hollow — The Old Dutch Church
The Old Dutch Church of Sleepy Hollow, built 1697 by Frederick Philipse, First Lord of the Manor, in use since except in Revolution. — Map (db m8618) HM

4 markers matched your search criteria.  
  
 
Paid Advertisement