At daybreak on June 7, 1863, Gen. H. E. McCulloch led his Texas Brigade against the Union force which guarded the Union supply depot at Millikenís Bend. In the savage fighting which ensued, the Confederates drove the Federals from their camp. While . . . — — Map (db m34798) HM
During the second week of May 1863, the Federals abandoned their supply line connecting Milliken's Bend with Hard Times. On June 4, the Confederates reoccupied Richmond. From Richmond, Gen. Dick Taylor launched an offensive to destroy the Union . . . — — Map (db m89049) HM
During the Civil War, Crescent was the home of Dr. D.M. and Elizabeth DeMoss Dancy. The house was built in 1832.
When Gen. U.S. Grant's Federal forces occupied Madison Parish, an officer and several soldiers came to Crescent with orders to burn . . . — — Map (db m89054) HM
Scottland Plantation House is a frame, center-hall plantation house, that is one of only three surviving Greek Revival structures in Madison Parish. The house was once at the center of the 1,440 acre Scottland Plantation from which much of Tallulah . . . — — Map (db m89044) HM
Col. T.W. Bennett's task force, which had been sent to reconnoiter the route from Milliken's Bend to New Carthage, reached this point at 2:00 P.M. on March 31, 1863. If the Federals were to occupy Richmond, they would first have to cross Roundaway . . . — — Map (db m89050) HM
Tallulah was founded in 1857. In 1862 it was an important telegraph and railroad station on the Vicksburg, Shreveport, and Texas Railroad. On August 18, 1862, the depot, telegraph office, and several cars were destroyed by a small detachment of . . . — — Map (db m89792) HM