Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 

Troy, South Carolina Historical Markers

 
Long Cane Massacre and Long Associated Reformed Presbyterian Church Markers image, Touch for more information
By Brian Scott, July 19, 2008
Long Cane Massacre and Long Associated Reformed Presbyterian Church Markers
South Carolina (Greenwood County), Troy — 24-2 — Long Cane Associated Reformed Presbyterian Church
4.5 miles northwest is Long Cane Church. Organized in 1771 as Associate Presbyterian, with the Rev. William Ronaldson as first stated supply. It united with Cedar Springs, March 7, 1786, under Dr. Thos. Clark; withdrew Sept. 15, 1808; part of . . . — Map (db m9719) HM
South Carolina (Greenwood County), Troy — 24-1 — Long Canes Massacre
Three miles west is the site of an attack by Cherokee Indians upon settlers of Long Canes in the Cherokee war of 1759-1761. There on February 1, 1760, about 150 settlers, refugeeing to Augusta, were overtaken by 100 Cherokee warriors. Twenty-three . . . — Map (db m9433) HM
South Carolina (McCormick County), Troy — 33-12 — Long Canes Massacre
Three miles west is the site of an attack by Cherokee Indians upon settlers of Long Canes in the Cherokee War of 1759-1761. There on February 1, 1760, about 150 settlers, refugeeing to Augusta, were overtaken by 100 Cherokee warriors. . . . — Map (db m11640) HM

3 markers matched your search criteria.  
  
  
 
Paid Advertisement