From New York in 1900 to the present day in California; from cookhouse to firehouse this bell has been a part of Vallecito’s history.
In 1906, Beach Thompson needing water for his hydraulic mining, and investors in San Francisco needing . . . — — Map (db m32727) HM
The store was built in 1851 and opened for business in 1852 by the Dinkelspiel family, who had recently emigrated from Germany. The buildings were made of rhyolite tuff blocks from the Altaville Quarry. The small adjoining building originally used . . . — — Map (db m11967) HM
One of California's important early day mining towns named by Mexicans meaning Little Valley. Gold was discovered here by the Murphy Brothers on 1849. It was originally called "Murphys' Old Diggings". This bell was cast at Troy N.Y. in 1853. After . . . — — Map (db m6841) HM