Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 

Valley, Alabama Historical Markers

 
Marker area image, Touch for more information
By Mark Hilton, February 8, 2014
Marker area
Alabama (Chambers County), Valley — Armed Forces Tribute
A Tribute to the men of our community who have served in the Armed Forces for our country Lest We Forget — Map (db m71652) WM
Alabama (Chambers County), Valley — Fairfax First Christian Church
Side 1 Built 1916 by West Point Mfg. Co. and called Fairfax “Union” Church as it was shared by Disciples of Christ, Methodist, & Baptist groups. It was purchased by the Disciples of Christ after the others left to build their . . . — Map (db m83266) HM
Alabama (Chambers County), Valley — Fairfax Kindergarten
Built in 1916, the kindergarten was one of five original public buildings in the Fairfax Mill Village. Each mill village had an efficient, attractive, and well kept kindergarten for children ages four to six. LaFayette Lanier, Sr. was the . . . — Map (db m71634) HM
Alabama (Chambers County), Valley — Langdale Veterans Memorial
In Honor of All Langdale Veterans World War II To those who gave the ultimate sacrifice — Map (db m71654) WM
Alabama (Chambers County), Valley — Lanier High School
Side 1 The school was located at three different sites on Cherry Drive. Its beginning was in The Blue Hall Building adjacent to Goodsell Methodist Church. Later it was moved to the Dallas/Jackson Home and became the Jackson Hill School. . . . — Map (db m71638) HM
Alabama (Chambers County), Valley — West Point Manufacturing Company
Cornerstones of Chattahoochee Mfg. Co., Langdale, Ala., and Alabama & Georgia Mfg. Co., River View, Ala., were laid on August 1, 1866. Mills used Chattahoochee River water power for operation of spindles and looms. Planters and businessmen of . . . — Map (db m71637) HM

6 markers matched your search criteria.
Paid Advertisement