In Nov. 1909, the Rev. J. Goebels called a meeting to organize St. Anthony's parish for the recently settled German Catholic farm families in the community of Land Siding, later known as Violet. Louis Petrus donated five acres for a church site, . . . — — Map (db m117483) HM
Settlement founded in 1908 by German settlers • Church founded as a mission in 1910 and a public school until 1912 • Rectory built in 1912 and used as a second school until 1918 • Church was remodeled in 1919 and moved to Clarkwood in 1952 as our . . . — — Map (db m117497) HM
In commemoration of the 150th Anniversary of Texas’ independence, Violet, Texas was recognized and sanctioned as an independent sesquicentennial community by the State of Texas and by the County of Nueces.
Special recognition is given to the . . . — — Map (db m117478) HM