Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 

Wexford, Pennsylvania Historical Markers

 
Borough of Bradford Woods Marker image, Touch for more information
By Mike Wintermantel, May 24, 2017
Borough of Bradford Woods Marker
Pennsylvania (Allegheny County), Wexford — Borough of Bradford Woods May 3, 1915
Named for landowner Thomas Bradford. Bradford Woods was first settled along the Harmony Trolley Line as a summer retreat in the fresh country air. It was Incorporated so that a school could be established for the children of the community. — Map (db m103658) HM
Pennsylvania (Allegheny County), Wexford — Elias Fry Barn
Pennsylvania bank barn named after Philip Elias Fry (1868-1946), a highly skilled carpenter who built many barns in Marshall Township. Donated by Claude and James Herbert and moved to this site in 1992 from Adoph and Bertha's Frye's former farm on . . . — Map (db m87213) HM
Pennsylvania (Allegheny County), Wexford — Herb Scott
Auto racing stock car champion and life long resident of Wexford Racing career spanned four decades, 1948-1979 10 time Pittsburgh Racing Association champion 3 time Dapper Dan Club of Pittsburgh sports award winner . . . — Map (db m101930) HM
Pennsylvania (Allegheny County), Wexford — Jonas Salk
Jonas Salk lived with his family from 1947-1953 in a home formerly located on this site while working on the development of the first effective polio vaccine. Shalom Research Farms, part of which is now the Pine Community Park, raised animals in . . . — Map (db m73989) HM
Pennsylvania (Allegheny County), Wexford — Kuskusky Path
Hunters, traders, warriors, militia, war captives, and diplomats all used this early Native American path, which passed this location, for most of the 1700s as part of a regional network of trails. It provided a direct route between Fort . . . — Map (db m40355) HM
Pennsylvania (Allegheny County), Wexford — Stone Mansion (1935)
Built by Robert G. Woodside (1876-1964) to resemble his father's ancestral Irish cottage. Woodside was an attorney, decorated war veteran, founder of the VFW, co-chair of American Battle Monuments Commission, Allegheny Co. Sheriff & Controller. . . . — Map (db m78052) HM
Pennsylvania (Allegheny County), Wexford — Stone Mansion (1935)
Home of Robert G. Woodside (1876-1964). Decorated war veteran, attorney, American Battle Monuments Commission, founder of VFW, Allegheny Co. Sheriff & Controller. Awarded Medal of Freedom by Pres. Eisenhower in 1954. — Map (db m78055) HM
Pennsylvania (Allegheny County), Wexford — Trinity German Evangelical Lutheran Church Historic Landmark
Trinity German Evangelical Lutheran Church Built 1868 — Map (db m65236) HM

8 markers matched your search criteria.
Paid Advertisement