Erected 1749; once owned by Baron Stiegel. Operated by ironmaster George Ege, 1774-1824. Hessians were employed in Revolutionary days to cut a rock channel for water supply. Site is to the north of Womelsdorf. — — Map (db m84522) HM
Pioneer, Indian interpreter, treaty maker, 1732-1760. The Indians called him the "Holder of the Heavens." He lived, died, and is buried on this property, now a State Park devoted to his memory. — — Map (db m38777) HM
Churchman, Counsellor, Soldier, Indian-Interpreter, Agent, Diplomat and First Judge of Berks County.
Here were held many conferences with Indian chiefs, missionaries, colonial governors and leaders.
Here were reared his children of whom the . . . — — Map (db m39286) HM
We can't be sure. We know that Conrad Weiser owned this land and lived on the property from 1729 to about 1750. And there is a strong oral tradition indicating that Weiser's house stood on this spot. But archaeology conducted in 2000 found few . . . — — Map (db m39287) HM
An Indian path from Shamokin (Sunbury) came over the mts. by way of Klingerstown and Pine Grove to Weiser's place in the Tulpehocken Valley. Chiefs of the Six Nations, carrying "words of wampum" to Brother Onas (Penn) at Philadelphia, traveled this . . . — — Map (db m38797) HM