Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 

Pulaski County Arkansas Historical Markers

 
The Medal of Honor image, Touch for more information
By Mary Thurman
The Medal of Honor
Arkansas (Pulaski County), Little Rock — Arkansas Medal of Honor Monument
(Marker consists of over 20 panels as displayed below) — Map (db m62978) WM
Arkansas (Pulaski County), Little Rock — Arkansas Vietnam Veterans' Memorial
The names of Vietnam Veterans are engraved on 16 marble panels.Map (db m63038) WM
Arkansas (Pulaski County), Little Rock — Augustus Hill Garland
At about this site stood the law office of Augustus Hill Garland Member of House and Senate of the Confederate Congress He prepared and won the case of ex parte Garland in the U.S. Supreme Court, thus effecting the readmission . . . — Map (db m102759) HM
Arkansas (Pulaski County), Little Rock — Concordia Hall and Jewish Life in Little RockSite of the first Jewish house of worship in Arkansas
From 1882 to 1887, an ornate two-story space on the second floor of this building served as the social hall for the Concordia Association – an organization established in 1864 to help Jewish immigrant families adapt to their new lives in . . . — Map (db m78014) HM
Arkansas (Pulaski County), Little Rock — First Site: Arkansas College of Medicine
. . . — Map (db m102763) HM
Arkansas (Pulaski County), Little Rock — Freedom Riders in Little Rock
On 10 July 1961 five Freedom Riders from the St. Louis branch the Congress of Racial Equality (CORE) - Benjamin Elton Cox, Annie Lumpkin, Bliss Ann Malone, John Curtis Raines and Janet Reinitz-arrived at the Mid-West Trailways bus station at Markham . . . — Map (db m102140) HM
Arkansas (Pulaski County), Little Rock — Geyer & Adams Building(1914)
In 1904, John E. Geyer and his business partner John D. Adams moved their wholesale grocery business into a building located on this site. The partners replaced that building with this structure, designed by Charles Thompson, in 1914. The Geyer and . . . — Map (db m102091) HM
Arkansas (Pulaski County), Little Rock — Gilbert Maxwell AronsonThe First Cowboy-Western Movie Star — 1880-1971
Max Aronson was born at 713 Center Street, (a house formerly located across the street), on March 21, 1880, to Esther and Harry Aronson, a Jewish dry goods salesman. The Aronson family relocated to Pine Bluff, Arkansas in the 1890's. Aronson’s first . . . — Map (db m99370) HM
Arkansas (Pulaski County), Little Rock — Porbeck & Bowman Building(1882)
Max Hilb and William Probst built this structure, designed by Joseph Willis, in 1882 for Probst & Hilb Liquor Company. The upper floor contained a two-story space that housed Concordia Hall, a Jewish social club. F. M. Fletcher and T.J. McCarthy . . . — Map (db m102056) HM
Arkansas (Pulaski County), Little Rock — The "Little Rock"1722
A section of the "Little Rock" located at the foot of Rock Street forming the south pier of the railroad bridge over the Arkansas River, being the first rock seen by the French explorer, Bernard De La Harpe, on his voyage from the mouth of the . . . — Map (db m102141) HM
Arkansas (Pulaski County), Little Rock — Tuf-Nut Lofts
This property operated as horse stable in the late 19th century followed by the construction of single family dwellings. The primary user of the property during the 20th century was the Tuf-Nut Garment Manufacturing Company. Founded by James D. . . . — Map (db m102093) HM
Arkansas (Pulaski County), North Little Rock — The Old Mill at T. R. Pugh Memorial Park
Dedicated August 6, 1933, as Pugh's Memorial Park, the Old Mill is a replica of an abandoned water-powered grist mill that would have been used by Arkansas pioneers in the 1800s. Although the Old Mill never actually operated as a mill, the iron . . . — Map (db m53181) HM

12 markers matched your search criteria.
Paid Advertisement