Front The area that became Mansfield was included
in land acquired by sixteen residents of
Norwich and nearby towns from Mohegan Indian
chief Joshua, son of Uncas. This tract was
incorporated as the town of Windham in 1692.
At . . . — — Map (db m101968) HM
1727–1727. This edifice originally a Meeting House was donated by the Wilington Ecclesiastical Society to the Town of Willington for the use of the public and to perpetuate the memory of the forefathers and foremothers who with . . . — — Map (db m1623) HM
is erected by the citizens
Town of Willington, Connecticut
in sacred memory and appreciation
of those brave men who went forth
in response to the call of our
country to fight for its freedom
and peace. . . . — — Map (db m101966) WM
In 1720 a party of eight men, originally from England, bought sixteen thousand acres in this region and called it Wellington. One of these, Roger Wolcott, subsequently became governor of Connecticut (1750–1754).
After a century of farming . . . — — Map (db m1622) HM