On Beulah Avenue 0.1 miles south of Minneola Street, on the right when traveling south.
The Callaway School House was built in 1911 (two years prior to the creation of Bay County in 1913) on the SW corner of Beulah Avenue and Letohattchee Street. Callaway had been surveyed and platted in 1908 by Pitt Milner Callaway for whom the . . . — — Map (db m73287) HM
On U.S. 98 at Canal Parkway, on the right when traveling east on U.S. 98.
Built in 1919 for the British Navy, this 170-foot steamer originally was christened Kilmarnock. Admiral Richard E. Byrd purchased the ship for use in his Antarctic expedition of 1928-30 and renamed her Eleanor Bolling in honor of . . . — — Map (db m73753) HM
On West Beach Drive at Balboa Avenue, on the right when traveling west on West Beach Drive.
Built in 1927 by A.A. Payne, a banker, and bought by John Christo, Sr., the house is significant in architecture, a mixture of styles typical of the late 19th and early 20th centuries which includes Neo-Colonial Revival and . . . — — Map (db m42117) HM
On Airport Road (County Road 391), on the left when traveling west.
Established 1945 on Fannin Field Panama City-Bay County Airport 1964 Panama City-Bay County Airport and Industrial District 1967 Developed and controlled by Representative Airport Authorities in conjunction with the Federal Aviation Agency Control . . . — — Map (db m8150) HM
On East 3rd Court at Park Street, on the right when traveling west on East 3rd Court.
(Front Side): The McKenzie House is a large two-story clapboard frame dwelling built in the Dutch Colonial style typical of the turn of the century houses still standing in Northern Michigan. It was built 1909 by Belle Booth who married R. . . . — — Map (db m8155) HM
On West Beach Drive (Business U.S. 98) at Friendship Avenue, on the right when traveling east on West Beach Drive.
Near this site on March 20, 1863, Confederate soldiers commanded by Captain Walter J. Robinson repelled a landing by Union sailors led by Acting Master James Folger of the blockading vessel U.S.S. Roebuck. The 11-man scouting party of Union . . . — — Map (db m8160) HM
On West 15th Street at Beck Avenue, on the right when traveling east on West 15th Street.
The first school in St. Andrew, a community established ca. 1827, was built in 1850. That building burned down. The second school was a two-story wooden structure with two large rooms on each floor. The school had four teachers and 100 students. In . . . — — Map (db m42116) HM
On West Beach Drive (U.S. Bus 98) just west of Fairland Avenue, on the right when traveling east. Reported missing.
The U.S. bark Roebuck, commanded by John Sherrill, was sent to St. Andrews Bay to prevent blockade running. On March 20, 1863, an 11-man scouting party landed in this vicinity to secure fresh drinking water. They were attacked by Confederates . . . — — Map (db m129811) HM
On McKenzie Avenue 0.1 miles south of East 4th Street, on the left when traveling south.
This is the site of the landmark Gideon case, after which the Public Defender system was established in Florida and throughout the nation. In 1961, Clarence Earl Gideon (1910-1972) stood trial in this courthouse for the felony of burglary. Lacking . . . — — Map (db m42115) HM
On West Beach Drive (Business U.S. 98) at East Caroline Boulevard, on the right when traveling south on West Beach Drive.
Between 1861 and 1865, the St. Andrew Bay Saltworks, one of the largest producers of salt in the South, contributed to the Confederate cause by providing salt, fish, and cattle for southern troops and citizens. A necessary preservative in those . . . — — Map (db m8158) HM
On Pitts Avenue 0.1 miles south of Aster Street, on the right when traveling south.
Loftin’s Ferry, on Pitts Avenue, which later became Parker, was an important part of the major land route called the “Military Road” that ran from Apalachicola through St. Joseph to Marianna and beyond. This road, constructed from 1836 . . . — — Map (db m42114) HM