On Hatley Street (U.S. 41/129) at Central Avenue Northwest, on the left when traveling east on Hatley Street.
After the Civil War began in 1861, it became critical for the Confederacy to have north and south running railroads to connect existing Florida and Georgia lines to bypass Union blockades at Florida ports. The Confederate government ordered . . . — — Map (db m96933) HM
On River Street east of Bridge Street (State Road 136), on the right when traveling east.
From the Native Americans who first sought the healing sulphur waters of the spring, to the present-day travelers who enjoy the wide variety of recreational opportunities along the Suwannee River and the historical significance of the Town of White . . . — — Map (db m44591) HM
On Bridge Street (State Road 136) north of River Street, on the right when traveling north.
Florida's native Timucuan Indians lived for hundreds of generations in what is now north Florida and southeast Georgia. Beginning in the 1580s, they were organized into mission villages by Spanish Franciscan priests. While exploitation and . . . — — Map (db m44609) HM
On Spring Street (U.S. 41) east of Wesson Street, on the right when traveling east.
Although residents living here have always been somewhat insulated, outside influences such as war and conflict have historically influenced the Town of White Springs. The Spanish, French, British, and Americans all fought wars to own the peninsula . . . — — Map (db m44512) HM
On U.S. 41 (Local Road 25) just east of Wesson Street, on the right when traveling east.
These sulphur springs were thought to have medicinal properties and were considered sacred by the Indians. Warriors wounded in battle reputedly were not attacked when they came here to recuperate. Settlers moved into the vicinity in 1826 and the . . . — — Map (db m13675) HM
On Spring Street (U.S. 41) west of Bridge Street (State Road 136), on the left when traveling west.
White Sulphur Springs was once a popular health resort, attracting large numbers of people to drink the water and bathe in the spring. This structure encircles a natural spring that was thought to possess great healing qualities. An early . . . — — Map (db m44610) HM