Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 

St. Lucie County Florida Historical Markers

 
Fort Pierce Marker and surrounding area image, Touch for more information
By Tim Fillmon, December 26, 2017
Fort Pierce Marker and surrounding area
Florida (St. Lucie County), Fort Pierce — Fort Pierce
1838-1842 Marking site of Fort Pierce — Map (db m112165) HM
Florida (St. Lucie County), Fort Pierce — Military Fort Pierce at Old Fort Park, Fort Pierce ó Old Fort Park - Fort Pierce
Fort Pierce (1838-1842) was a significant Second Seminole War U.S. military post built during General Thomas S. Jesupís winter campaign of 1837-38. Strategically located on a high bluff along the Indian Riverís western shore, the Fort stood four . . . — Map (db m107189) HM
Florida (St. Lucie County), Fort Pierce — F-934 — Old Fort Park
Fort Pierce (1838-1842) was a significant Second Seminole War U.S. military post built during General Thomas S. Jesupís winter campaign of 1837-38. Strategically located on a high bluff along the Indian Riverís western shore, the fort was . . . — Map (db m107177) HM
Florida (St. Lucie County), Fort Pierce — F-60 — St. Lucie County
St. Lucie County was formed in 1844 and recreated in 1905. Named for St. Lucie of Syracuse, the region's original inhabitants were the Tegesta Indians. Ft. Pierce, the county seat, was named for Major B.K. Pierce, brother of Pres. Franklin Pierce. . . . — Map (db m82794) HM
Florida (St. Lucie County), Fort Pierce — Traces of an Early Indian Village ó Old Fort Park - Fort Pierce
One of the largest and fiercest early Florida tribes, the Ais, consisted of several hundred thousand people, who lived in east central Florida prior to first contact with Ponce de Leon and the Spanish in 1513. The Ais territory ranged along the . . . — Map (db m117568) HM
Florida (St. Lucie County), St. Lucie Village — St. Lucie Village
Located on the Indian River opposite a natural inlet which shoaled about 1911. Pre-Columbian AIS Indians left numerous middens and mounds. After the Second Seminole War, settlers homesteaded the area under the Armed Occupation Act of 1842. In 1849, . . . — Map (db m128277) HM

6 markers matched your search criteria.
Paid Advertisement