This church, organized September 28, 1858, with two men and five women as charter members, is the oldest church in Terrell County on its original site. Three acres of land were given by Haley Johnson of Dawson. Later, Sharpe and Crouch of Dawson . . . — — Map (db m27019) HM
When the states of Georgia, Mississippi, Alabama, and Tennessee grew short of arms in 1863, Governor Shorter of Alabama and President Jefferson Davis persuaded Major O. O. Nelson of Tuscumbia, Alabama, to organize a company to erect a Gun Shop. . . . — — Map (db m27006) HM
General Patrick Cleburne Camp, S.C.V., the only Camp east of the Mississippi to be named for a General from the west of that river, was organized May 3, 1956, with members from several counties in Southwest Georgia.
General Patrick Ronayne . . . — — Map (db m27012) HM
This boulder commemorates the historical fact that General Andrew Jackson, with his command of nine hundred Georgia Militia and friendly Creek Indians, occupied the Indian village of Herodtown, located on this site, March 12, 1818. This event . . . — — Map (db m27008) HM
On this site stood Herod Town, one of the last Indian villages in this section to remain after the coming of the white man. According to longstanding local tradition, when General Andrew Jackson and his troops came through here on the way to Florida . . . — — Map (db m27017) HM
This County, created by Act of the Legislature February 16, 1856, is named for Dr. William Terrell who died in 1855. He served in Congress from 1817 to ‘21. Eight miles west of here was fought the Battle of Echo-wa-noth-away Swamp in the Creek . . . — — Map (db m27014) HM