The Eckhart Carriage Company was established in 1874
in Auburn, Indiana. It was the direct ancestor of the Auburn Automobile Company as both were owned by the Eckhart family in the early days.
This is the last remaining building of the . . . — — Map (db m73297) HM
Auburn Automobile Company (1900-1937) Art Deco Style Administration building, built 1929-1930. Housed departments of Cord Corporation, manufacturer of Auburn, Cord, and Duesenberg automobiles. Became Auburn-Cord-Duesenberg Museum, 1974; listed in . . . — — Map (db m53934) HM
On this site stood the log home of Wesley Park, co-founder with John Howe of the City of Auburn in 1836.
Park's cabin was an important social and government
center, serving as a tavern, resting place, and courthouse for early settlers and . . . — — Map (db m60238) HM
Side A In 1916, Henry Dills, Carl Heinzerling,and George Schulthess established the company, which became one of the country's leading manufacturers of artificial fishing lures. Crafted by a largely female workforce, the high quality lures . . . — — Map (db m107129) HM
Built 1873, by John A. McKay, spanning Saint Joseph River; a Smith Truss, Variant Four, by Smith Bridge Company, Toledo, Ohio; has remained in use with regular maintenance, repairs, and extensive 1981 restoration. Listed in National Register of . . . — — Map (db m52971) HM