Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 

Fayette County Indiana Historical Markers

 
Obverse Side - - Elmhurst Marker image, Touch for more information
By Courtesy:: Marilyn S. Wolf, July 17, 2011
Obverse Side - - Elmhurst Marker
Indiana (Fayette County), Connersville — "Elmhurst"
Erected 1831 by Oliver H. Smith. Later home of Caleb B. Smith, Secretary of Interior under Lincoln and Grand Master of Indiana Masons. Restored 1941 as home for local Masonic bodies. — Map (db m44768) HM
Indiana (Fayette County), Connersville — Canal House
1841 Built as Headquarters of the Whitewater Valley Canal Co. 1854 Savings Bank of Indiana Home of: Dr. S. W. Vance 1857-1936 Congressman and Mrs. Finly H. Gray 1936-1947 1947 - 1971 V. F. W. Post 571 . . . — Map (db m44760) HM
Indiana (Fayette County), Connersville — Fayette County Honor Rolls War Memorial
(( Center Panel )) Honoring all who served in the United States Armed Forces Defending Liberty and Justice in All the World Presented by Veterans and Citizens of Fayette County 1986 . . . — Map (db m44876) WM
Indiana (Fayette County), Connersville — 21.1966.1 — The Whitewater Canal
In 1836 construction began on this fifty-six lock, one hundred one mile canal. Opened from Lawrenceburg to Brookville (1839), it was extended to Laurel and Cincinnati (1843), Connersville (1845), Cambridge City (1846), and Hagerstown (1847). — Map (db m44741) HM
Indiana (Fayette County), Connersville — Twelve Mile Line
This plaque marks the western border of the twelve mile cession negotiated by Governor William Henry Harrison with the Miami, Potawatomi, and Delawares, Treaty of Fort Wayne, September 30, 1809. — Map (db m44770) HM

5 markers matched your search criteria.  
 
Paid Advertisement