Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 

Jackson County Indiana Historical Markers

 
Center - Front - - All Veterans Honor Roll Memorial Marker image, Touch for more information
By Courtesy:: Marilyn S. Wolf, August 28, 2011
Center - Front - - All Veterans Honor Roll Memorial Marker
Indiana (Jackson County), Brownstown — All Veterans Honor Roll Memorial
( Center Section - Front ) This monument is a memorial to all veterans of Jackson County and dedicated to those who made the supreme sacrifice in the defense of these United States of America. ( - “Seals”- U.S. Branches of . . . — Map (db m50484) WM
Indiana (Jackson County), Brownstown — 36.1966.2 — In Memory of Col. John Ketcham / Time Capsule
In Memory of Col. John Ketcham 1782 - 1865 Fearless pioneer, Ranger, surveyor, public servant who dedicated this public square for seat of government of Jackson County, Ind. when Brownstown was founded April 8, 1816. Time Capsule . . . — Map (db m46756) HM
Indiana (Jackson County), Brownstown — Jackson County W.W. I Veterans Memorial
Erected in Memory of World War Veterans of Jackson Co. by The Brownstown Study Club April 6, 1930Map (db m46722) HM
Indiana (Jackson County), Medora — Medora Covered Bridge
The Medora Bridge The Medora Covered Bridge was built in 1875 by noted timber bridge builder J.J. Daniels. It was built to carry local traffic across the East Fork of the White River forty years before there was a state highway . . . — Map (db m74047) HM
Indiana (Jackson County), Medora — 36.2008.1 — Medora Shale Brick Plant
(Side One) West Lee Wright laid out Medora 1853. Sample of local shale was made into brick “excellent for building and paving” 1904. Medora Shale Brick Company organized 1904. Construction began by 1910, one south of here . . . — Map (db m74168) HM
Indiana (Jackson County), Seymour — 10 O'Clock Indian Treaty Line
10 O'Clock Indian Treaty Line Est. 1809 Inset. Grouseland Treaty Line Est. 1805 at A Buried Stone (illegible)6 feet, N 4(illegible) From This (illegible) Indiana Centen- ary Marker Erected by the . . . — Map (db m74057) HM
Indiana (Jackson County), Seymour — 36.2008.2 — Alexander McClure
Side 'One' On April 15, 1860 at the Seymour railroad depot, a shipping box was damaged while being transferred; McClure was discovered inside and immediately identified himself as a fugitive slave from Nashville, Tennessee. The box had been . . . — Map (db m46663) HM
Indiana (Jackson County), Seymour — B-25 Mitchell
In remembrance of those brave Tuskegee Airmen who served their country with courage, dedication and loyalty. 616th, 617th, 618th, & 619th Bomb Squadrons (M) of the 477th Bomb Group (M) March 1945 to May 1945 — Map (db m13627) HM
Indiana (Jackson County), Seymour — 36.1997.1 — Freeman Field
Activated December 1942 as U.S. Army Air Forces advanced training school for World War II twin engined pilots; graduated over 4000 by February 1945. Construction of 413 structures and four 5,500-foot runways supervised by U.S. Army Corps of . . . — Map (db m13625) HM
Indiana (Jackson County), Seymour — 36.1997.2 — Freeman Field
Activated December 1942 as U.S. Army Air Forces advanced training school for World War II twin engined pilots; graduated over 4000 by February 1945. Construction of 413 structures and four 5,500-foot runways supervised by U.S. Army Corps of . . . — Map (db m13626) HM
Indiana (Jackson County), Seymour — 36.1966.1 — Indian Treaty Corner
800 feet northwest is the point which marks the junction of the Grouseland Treaty line of 1805 with the Fort Wayne Treaty line of 1809. These and other treaties permitted early white settlement of Indiana. — Map (db m74056) HM
Indiana (Jackson County), Seymour — Shieldstown Bridge
Built in 1876 by J.J. Daniels Burr Arch Length 331 Ft. + 12 Ft. overhang/ends. Width 16 ft. height 12ft.6in. Cut stone abutments and pier. — Map (db m39335) HM
Indiana (Jackson County), Vallonia — Bartholomew Trail
On June 11, 1813, Col. Joseph Bartholomew, with Lieut. Col. John Tipton and Maj. David Owens as aides, and 137 mounted men of the Indiana Territorial Militia moved northward along this trail from Vallonia (Jackson county) through Tiptonia (now . . . — Map (db m74073) HM
Indiana (Jackson County), Vallonia — Driftwood Church and Cemetery
Built here was the Driftwood Church, a log meeting house "free and open to all the different denominations of orderly Christians." Joining the Silver Creek Baptist Association in 1819, Driftwood reorganized in 1839 as a Christian Church under the . . . — Map (db m74078) HM
Indiana (Jackson County), Vallonia — 36.1951.1 — Fort Vallonia
Site in town of stockade built in 1812 on old Indian trail for protection of the settlers in this area. Garrisoned by Maj. John Tipton and his militia Rangers in 1813. Marker on the site. — Map (db m74071) HM
Indiana (Jackson County), Vallonia — Site of Fort Vallonia
This Memorial Marks the Site of Fort Vallonia Built in 1810 Erected by The Jackson County Historical Society Aug. 10, 1916 — Map (db m74072) HM

16 markers matched your search criteria.
Paid Advertisement